Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / overclocking the do's and don'ts

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2004 16:08
ok i need some info for overclocking i am already starting to overclokc my graphics card andf it runs gerat after only 10mhz of overclock(memory) i want info for more than just graphics card i want to overclock my cpu but don't know how to or the guidlines for it

http://free-space.myftp.org for free ftp
website hosting and e-mail 60mb for ftp/webste 70mb for e-mail
Three Score
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2004 10:22
cooling i need to buy a new fan but i only have room for one more fan also
high quality: is an intel celeron cpu generic(i think it is) and evne if so i don't have the money to buy a good pentium 4
realistic: i am very realistic for my graphics card i expected to get more but when i started to ave to face the facts cuase of (1) my grphics card heatsink is getting super hot i out my hand next to it and it feels like it is about 110 degrees when i overcocked it beyond what it could take (2) when becuase it was so hot and so overclocked i started to get display corruption and little white lines
but i did reduce it cause of all that and now the gpu is 4mhz over and memory is 8mhz over talk about a real big perfromance upgrade anyway i don't think i want to oevrclock thta much anymore cause since i run a server and it needs to remain cool i don't think i will overclock

p.s. do you need software to overclock or do you need to change jumpers ect

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2004 10:32
Bit of gasoline poured on your CPU fun to keep it cool never hurts anything.

[center]
"Humans are useless they can only give you questions"
Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
And you misspelled "fan".

the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2004 10:43
You have to plan before you buy if you want a decent speed increase.

If you start with an average cheapo box it's proberly not worth the bother. The cooling will be inadequate, the motherboard won't have the required options in the bios, the other cheap componants may cause problems and you proberly don't have a good processor either.

In my experaince overclocking low end graphics cards is a waste of time. They ususally start playing up before you get any noticable increase in speed.

it's cool to hate
Three Score
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2004 11:32
i got a nopticable upgrade in power even though it isn't truly that much of an increase(i can nopw play halo without much problem at half particles

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 16:27:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 16:27:17