Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / screen size discrepancy?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2004 17:53
Ok, everything looks fine on my computer but when I test it on the family computer the top and the bottom are cut-off a bit (about 10 pixels). This kinda messes up the HUD. I've tried playing with the monitor settings and screen resolutions on the family computer but to no avail. Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?

RMPVG (Real Men Play Video Games)
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2004 18:06
In your program have you tried setting the resolution to 800 by 600?My computer will not display 640 by 480 correctly and does what you describe but a bit worse. It runs higher resolutions fine.

The Videogameaholic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2004 13:49
That works. Thanx.

RMPVG (Real Men Play Video Games)
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2004 20:50
It's a little known fact, but did you know that you can get drivers for your monitor?

This sounds like you might need to locate and install correct monitor drivers so that you get the correct refresh rates/adjustments for different resolutions.

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins, source and the Interface library for Visual C++ 6, .NET and now for Dev-C++ http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 00:25:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 00:25:05