Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Multiple shots in space shooter

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi peeps,
I'm kinda new here but I've read all the stickys so hopefully my post will turn out all right and won't need to be locked or anything, here goes.

For my first game I didn't want to make pong or pac-man or something like that so I decided on a gradius/r-type/xenon clone.

I haven't done much yet but I'm already stuck. I've got the screen set up (see piccy below) with the player's ship, you can move left and right and shoot one bullet. My problem is I want the player to be able to shoot more than one bullet, I'd prefer a system where every time the fire button was pressed a bullet was shot, so the faster you hit the button the more bullets you fire (probably resulting in painful blisters and a broken keyboard but a fun game.

I'm really stuck for ideas on how to do it, I got as far as thinking that I'd need to hold the bullets x and y positions in an array but just can't think of what else to do. Thank you in advance, I hope my post turns out alright.
Skeletor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2004 07:02
You will need more than 1 bullet sprite to accomplish mutiple shots.

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/db_games/
soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2004 07:11
Hi,
my sister says Thanks for the help but she won't be continuing with the project, I don't know why. Thanks again.

Formely code2kill
To tell you the truth, I'm just glad I DON'T enjoy playng The Sims.
the play2kill fan club

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 00:25:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 00:25:05