Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / 3d model animation screwing up

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ive seen a shit load of ppl with the same prob as i have and i did try everything on there and found myself at square 1.

Ok first off ive made a model UV mapped textured and animated with bones and did the whole envelope crap and animated it.. now i have exported as 3ds and i find my models bones are a little off..but the bones will animate but the polygons dont move at all. now i have downloaded like 9 or 10 different 3ds to x file converters and ill either
A) no model appears at all...not scaled down..it just isnt there.
B) the Uv coordinates are all messed up yet still no animation
C)i saw somebody said they were using md2 or md3 on there DB..well it wont let me import md2 or md3..as an object anyways.
D)i did manage to get some little animation...but like every 5th face on my polygon was like clipped or removed.

it seems as though the envelopes i set arent working when i convert..and i cant get any blasted animations to work at all. Does someone have any solution to my problem.. btw im using 3dsmax4 and ive tried every 3ds to x converter you could name..so try to suprise me..lol PLEASE HELP!!
quartz
Years of Service
User Offline
cant give you any code to correct this all i can say is i had the same problem a few months ago. I tried every exporter under the sun, I was trying export a poser figure and it took me about 2 weeks to figure out.
with mixed results I tried max3, max4, lightwave and maya but the one that worked for me and retained anim and uv's was truespace 5.1 with its native x exporter though it tends to be a bit fussy on the scaling. although just got max5 and am soon gonna try it with panda directx exporter

xFUZZYx
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, I would be having the same problem. 3ds max 5 doesnt export to .x. and none of the other phile types ANIMATE.. so how am i supposed to animate my models???

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 14:00:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 14:00:42