Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Sick and tired of Industrial Shader examples?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2004 04:10
Pangaea is a new Shader technology demo for the Geforce FX/6 Graphics cards to show off the sheer beauty that can be created from Shader Model 2.0

If you have a Shader 2.0 Capable card, then i'd strongly suggest giving it the workout from this awesomely scenrene engine.
It features a number of forrests and outdoor areas from some of the most beautiful places on the planet.

Alright so it's not a game, but certainly does show what can be achieved with shader cards past the usual boring Normal Mapping and Pixel Water.

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2004 04:25
Looks absolutely beautiful. (wishes he had an FX)

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
teh game wiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2004 05:04
i got fx 5700, after waiting 30 mins for it to download. all it does is say 'could not intialize direct3d. blah blah....'

i tested the one using the unreal engine, that one worked fine and looked realy good

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2004 05:21
Not bad, but for anything less than low detail enviroments, it would be quicker to take a snail for a walk.

Come to the UK Convention on the 23rd & 24th of October
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2004 06:13
Work fine on my card... but then i got my system back from my brother today (hehee i miss-ed my 6800)
Probably the instances, there are several examples which are cool and some are less demanding than others. But it really does push you cards to the limit.

As for IRC, yeah i've given up on it really.
Got sick and tired of being pissed around mate... i mean i was pissed around so much, with the whole Op business and having to be in the same room as certain retards which are so two faces it was untrue (it is amazing what a logging bot picks up while your not in a room isn't it?)

i came into irc to relax, not be messed around, insulted and have my friends also f**ked around. i thought that was the whole point in a second room, but obviously the internal politics doesn't give a crap about the users happiness just thier own selfish gains.

what really pisses me off is when i banned a certain someone from the room he got all pissy cried to the admins and then started signing up the email i have on this forum for spam... i mean fgs how childish do you have to be?

had about as much as i can take from certain users not just in irc but around the forum too, it's like, i'm on here to relax and chat with people. not for thier constant amusment, ya know?

i mean just look around at certain people signatures, it says it all really.

well anyways, forum wise i've been active the past fornight but probably end up scaling back a bit again soon. eventually weaning myself away, so i can focus on my personal projects as well as the new website.

hopefully once i can kick puffy's kiester into gear he'll get around to skinning the css for the forum. have it setup properly so i won't have to be on here even slightly. ^_^

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2004 06:21
Unfortunately I only have a FX5600... Haven't upgrade yet (Doom 3 didn't stay long enough with me to warrant it).

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2004 06:23
Ah, Standard Edition? yeah my FX 5200 was like 'yeah, no sodding chance mate'

Ran alright but even overclocked it's about the speed of a 5600 Std
The 5700/Ultra should run the demos very very well though
As should most Radeons (aside from the LE/SE Range)

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2004 06:26
Would like a 6800, but until something that comes along that absolutely needs it, then I'll probably wait...

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2004 08:15
Wow, just... wow. *blinks* Not far until everything is photorealistic.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2004 09:53
you've not seen 3D Mark 2005 yet eh?
alot of things going on in the new demos are very simple and actually not as demanding as people think they are... but they look so damn good.

a few people were like 'bulls**t that's rendering realtime', now that is a reaction an artist wants to hear

PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually 3dmark05 is a bunch of shaders. That's what it looked like to me. I personally like the Big gun screenshot, where everything is so detailed, I didnt know what's real anymore.

Looking forward to 3dmark'05
Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
Would it run at at least 15 fps on my pc?
(P4 3Ghz HT)
(1GB Ram)
(GeForce FX 5200)

I might get a 6800 GT for christmas.
(But I doubt it since it costs $400)

Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2004 10:53 Edited at: 17th Sep 2004 10:55
Quote: "hat really pisses me off is when i banned a certain someone from the room he got all pissy cried to the admins and then started signing up the email i have on this forum for spam... i mean fgs how childish do you have to be?"

Hey Raven.... I didn't do the email thing (i haven't done that for while ). As for getting pissy, well when you ban me cause of a VHOST that isn't something you should worry about, yes i do get pissed.

So yeah **** you raven, and i hope nFinity v.2 comes along fine .

Oh by the way, this post is "Copywritten" so no copying .

AMD 64bit 3200+, Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro motherboard, 512meg HYPER RAM, ATI Radeon 9600XT 128mb, 120GB Maxtor 7200RPM, nFinity Version 2
ionstream
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2004 13:27
Geforce 5900XT, suckers! *plays theme to hawii-five o*
Nifty shots man.

"Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer Simpson
MiR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2004 19:59
At last I´ve found a new wallpaper!

A bargain at 900000€ second hand
Libera tu mente y te liberaras.
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2004 23:03
Oi, keep your cool guys! This post isn't about who did what, it's about the sexy technology some genius' came up with to make things look cool.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2004 23:16
Doesn't look as good as Unreal 3 or Oblivion. But the grass is pretty neat.

[center]
"Humans are useless they can only give you questions."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 16:39:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 16:39:21