Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / ti 84 plus silver edition

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
does any of you know how to make games for the ti 84 plus silver edition Calculator?
Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
Why would you make games for a calculator?

Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2004 12:23
Well your going to need to know ASM to make really good games for it, but I believe simple games can be produced using the basic language on the calculator, just press the program button or something like that, it might be different though because I have only used ti 83's and 89's.

Guns arnt the problem, people are the problems, shoot all the people and guns arnt a problems anymore.
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2004 12:26
There's a lot of people here who got their programming roots from making calculator games, myself included. www.ticalc.org is a good resource, but if you're looking for tutorials you're out of luck. Most people just learn by trial and error and reading the manual like I did. It will take a very long time, but it's possible. A list of my calculator games/programs can be found at:
http://www.delvarworld.com/calc/calc.html

Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2004 12:29
My friend made a few games (if you can call them that), they were just simple text games, that would say "Jerad is gay" each time the enter key was pressed, by the way my name is Jerad

Guns arnt the problem, people are the problems, shoot all the people and guns arnt a problems anymore.
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2004 15:19
teehee

Calculator games are really popular among the "honors" or programming kids. Half my class goes through this cycle of games, for the first quarter every one was trying to beat block dude, then everyone was trying to get past level 49 on Puzzle Frenzy.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: Project Starbuks
Sony stole our name!
Mr Fraggs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2004 15:27
well well i also started with TIbasic but yea basic for calculators is prolly easiest. ticalc.org got some nice tutorials you should check out.
AluminumPork
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2004 16:09
heh, i remember each year, whenever the new kids got their graphing calculators, a "game frenzy" would start, and everybody was asking "do you have any games?" or "you got a cable, cuz I've got some games", lol, but yes, I once was a "new kid" too. ahhhh

P4 2.4Ghz HT, 512MB RAM, ATI Radeon 9600 128MB, 19" Samsung SyncMaster 997DF, 80GB HD

Osiris
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2004 16:13
to program well on the grapher get some programs other people made and look at them, and like quoththeraven said read the manual it tells you everthing you need to know
FINN MAN
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks
Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2004 12:22
Quote: "
Calculator games are really popular among the "honors" or programming kids. Half my class goes through this cycle of games, for the first quarter every one was trying to beat block dude, then everyone was trying to get past level 49 on Puzzle Frenzy."

Its exactly the same at my school, first it was block dude, then puzzle frenzy, and now Bubble bobble.

DrakeX
Years of Service
User Offline
look for resources on how to program for the TI83. they are the same calculator, just the 84+ silver has more memory and is faster.

but there is no C compiler for the TI83/84 as there is for the 89/92/V200, so you have to program it in assembly.

"Its exactly the same at my school, first it was block dude, then puzzle frenzy, and now Bubble bobble."

only the elite few (like me) have BAM at my school it's like candy. there are also a few people who are obsessed with falldown. i've no idea why.

OK enough of that damn DBP fanboy banner. i'm NOT a DBP fanboy in any way. i haven't used DBP in over a year, and i don't really plan on using it again.
Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2004 12:50
yeah, I am part of the elites, while everybody els is taking algebra, Im in Pre cal, and me and the kids in the Elite are like the worste around, we play more games on our calcs than we do homework.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 16:20:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 16:20:09