Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / game design basics

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2004 17:52
Can anyone help me with the code design of my game. I dont really want code just help with the layout for the code.Umm how do i put this...how do you advance the story of your game without causing it to loop back to where you started...and thus advancing your story. I was thinking of using a variable that starts at 0 and increments everytime the story advances...any ideas.

p.s.
i'm learning dbpro, delphi,
OldTifu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2004 19:12
I use an idea I got from a shareware RPG maker that I played a demo of (Blades of Exile?) in that, there were variables called 'stuff done flags'. And they would be at 0 if nothings happened, but when you defeat the boss, or save the princess, or open treasure chestA a different 'stuff done flag' (or sdf as I dub em for short) would be set to 1. Then you can have a lot of variables... better than having just one variable to define all of your story.

Of course, that's stupid cos Trogdor cannot be killed
Lascerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2004 03:30
i see you use if statements what about case statements would'nt they be better? thanks for the input...i've been playing around with those types of variables just checking to see if case statements are better than iof statements...thanks....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 00:27:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 00:27:45