Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / is it just me or did no one realize robin king gave away his source code to magic world?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
my goodness,
did no one see it a couple months ago?
i have been with darkbasic for almost 7 years and i was drooling over magic world. i remember it was the biggest used db world editor and many begged shamefully to just get scraps of his source code.. i must say that i applaud robin king and have great respect for what he has let out to the community for free.. and o yeah not to mention the other great world editors such as MatEdit, World Crate, 3D Map Editor, DUNE, and the tons of extras like visible worlds and mappy by UW Design, there were two other map editors one i remember was by a forum member from realgametools who wrote it in visual basic, and another from i think a dark rider? (it was called LevelMaker3d... and i checked in the downloads on the Dark Basic website so i see they still have it)... and what happenned to darkbasiccodebase?? i love that thing... and some may remember the dbtoolz website and how cool it was with all those snippets, and even the snippet vol collection things that i heard they were coming out with some db pro stuff (those guys are great all those rasterization effect demos). cool games like axes of evil dark towers Zwischenzug, beer run, hover racer (binarymoon rocks!! btw), equilibrium, plasman (that noah game), dark land, and even that awesome star wraith game.. gees i wanna cry... haha, well thank you ROBIN KING, and personally i want to thank masked coder for starting me off with all those car demo's which i learned alot off of. great respect out to all the amazing db coders and participants out there.. you deserve to shine for all your hard work and contributable esteem to db's constant metamorphisis as a great 3d programming language

set mipmap mode 1: set matrix texture 1,1,1: set spot light 1,0,90: set normalization on: sync rate 0: statistic(1): flush video memory
autocam off: always active on: hide mouse: set window on
Impreza
Years of Service
User Offline
if anyone has archives from any of our awesome old forums like magellan and all those other ones please let me know i am dyin to get a hold of the great work there has been written on there.. and leebamber is a command in dark basic so don't forget haha. BTW babmer bros. i am still waiting for a pause music command
take care,
Impreza..
o yeah and i will be releasing my car source code soon.

set mipmap mode 1: set matrix texture 1,1,1: set spot light 1,0,90: set normalization on: sync rate 0: statistic(1): flush video memory
Lynx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2004 05:23
Is this really fit for program announcements? Also, try doing a google .

You never know what's in your closet until you take a look.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2004 17:58
Yes - alot of us know. And Batvink is recoding it for DBpro.

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2004 18:06
Christ, 7 years!!! I could've sworn the DarkBASIC website was only opened on the 1st of August, 1999...

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2004 20:58
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=39152&b=8

Still having problems with the cursor at higher resolutions, but it's not looking too bad. As of last night, it now imports Advanced Terrains (not released yet, needs more functionality).

BatVink
http://biglaugh.co.uk/catalog AMD 3000+ Barton, 512Mb Ram, 120 Gig Drive space, GeForce 5200 FX 128 Mb, Asus A7N8X Mobo.
Terms & Conditions apply
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2004 23:43
DB's only been around for five years .

[center]
"Humans are useless they can only give you questions."
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2004 01:43
Quote: "I could've sworn the DarkBASIC website was only opened on the 1st of August, 1999..."

That's because it did

DB has only been around since 1999.

"I am not young enough to know everything."
- Oscar Wilde
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2004 01:47
Didn't it start on the Amiga before it was ported to the Windows platform?

BatVink
http://biglaugh.co.uk/catalog AMD 3000+ Barton, 512Mb Ram, 120 Gig Drive space, GeForce 5200 FX 128 Mb, Asus A7N8X Mobo.
Terms & Conditions apply
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2004 02:30
Quote: "Didn't it start on the Amiga before it was ported to the Windows platform?"
You are not thinking of Blitz are you?

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2004 10:08
agheegeekhurrgerk

I followed Magic World and got the source...but didn't do anything with it sadly. There has been one thing to come out of Blitz though, Robin King's Total Terrain-that was spiffy

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: Project Starbuks
Sony stole our name!
Impreza
Years of Service
User Offline
well let's see... 2004. 2003. 2002. 2001. 2000. 1999...
either i am wrong or that's almost 7 years.
i am not gonna argue with mindless drones who don't understand what i am pointing out...
ahh no wonder they have two forums.
some people just can't count.. well bat vink congratulations u r an inspiration to the few people who don't garble about junk and appreciate the hard work ppl put into this community...

and hey Rich i remember your racing game which u did an awesome job on... i appreciate your remarkable skill.. dont let the whole admin thing go to ur head u are one sensible guy <-- the faces, lol.

Torrey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2004 16:33
I have some of the old source code, and tools that was used with DarkBASIC when it first started (mainly early 2000 stuff).
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2004 12:30
Quote: " well let's see... 2004. 2003. 2002. 2001. 2000. 1999...
either i am wrong or that's almost 7 years."

Yeah, counting every day of the bloody year, it's six years, not 'almost seven'. I can't believe you're saying other people can't count when they were counting properly from the day DBS opened.

[center]
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
it brings a tear when you accedently put the wrong backup CD in and find a load of stuff fromwhen you first started modelling and coding.

Kain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2004 01:07
1st of August 1999 to 1st of August 2000 1 YEAR
1st of August 2000 to 1st of August 2001 1 YEAR
1st of August 2001 to 1st of August 2002 1 YEAR
1st of August 2002 to 1st of August 2003 1 YEAR
1st of August 2003 to 1st of August 2004 1 YEAR

1+1+1+1+1...is...no wait, don't tell me...I know this one...5 years?

I don't blame you Impresa, I've been using DB so long I lose track of time too lol. Its strange though, I don't remember you from back then. Did you used to have a different nick? Or just not post a lot?

Anyway, I totaly missed him releasing that source, thanks for the info. Personaly I've always been a Matedit fan, is TDK still working on a Pro version of that or what?

John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2004 01:10
The Level Maker 3D source is public domain now also...

Impreza
Years of Service
User Offline
Torrey can u post them? haha. that is awesome. some source code to reminisce over.. there actually was some really awesome stuff like that mayan collision demo.. does anyone have the 'rain' source code? BCD Productions makes some tight stuff man keep up the good work. you know i noticed on the new demo versions of db they stopped allowing you to register the program yourself (aka #E...A# if you know what i am talking about i am not gonna give the codes away like a dumass). yeah i feel your pain EL-Goorf. haha. and OMG KAIN POSTED HERE! wow what an honor to have kain post here i love 8 towers and hijacker you are the fing boy kain! haha. I hope TDK comes out with his pro version... not saying it has to run on db pro, just that i would want it to have more features.. like it doesn't have enough lol. i think TDKMan was saying he was gona add some like texture painter or object editor in it or something?? well either way TDK is the fing man. yeah my other name is Sigmus_9. but i used a subaru impreza in my game so i just came up and thought hmm impreza sounds nice o yeah.. how is everyone doing in this new competition? if you need source for any typa racign game u r developing for the contest plz let me know so i can give you some of my stuff.. i love seeing this community develop.. take care.

Zero Blitzt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2004 04:09
Grammar can be fun.

Come to #coding. We promise we wont kick you!
DISCLAIMER: Promises may not actually be upheld.
Impreza
Years of Service
User Offline
o and LM3d is now non-feed, freed, opened sources, project? yipee dow dah; where can one get it from?? i saw in some broken link once that he had got together with some other programmer and made a really kick ass tool i beleive for particles or waves or something. and nah i didn't post alot i was a newbie learning the way of db. peace!
Impreza

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2004 04:14
I liked Magic World, but I could never get its matrices to load, so I stuck with MatEdit. Nowadays I like memblock matrices.

[center]
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2004 04:41

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 16:34:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 16:34:23