Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / For those who played the settlers

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2004 01:41
Where did this come from

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/settlers5/#filelist

This one sneaked me by. It looks great though

The 3d chat is coming...
In the meantime, come in the IRC. Ask me for details!!.
GICO
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2004 04:49
Looks nice!I hope they have made a better way of controlling military as it was kinda goofy in the other ones!

GICO

Give food, give give!!!
DivW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2004 07:37
Cultures is much better than the settlers, i just wish you could be different civilisations, etc. in Cultures. If you're a settlers fan and you havn't player Cultures, you're missing out.

-Dave

Your soul...it tastes like chicken

Official Website Postponed Indefinately
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2004 09:19
Quote: "Cultures is much better than the settlers"

the day my brother said that, i hit him in the face hard enough to bust open his cheek.
sorry but Cultures is a Settlers wanna be, and what did they do? they actually enhanced what made Settlers III and IV boring.

They over-complicated the game.
Sorry but I don't pay £35 for my games, just to become something i dispise (a middle manager)... i want to have some fun playing

Settlers V looks pretty sweet though.
I do think that style of game + darktopia's chat engine + a mixx of Ultima : Online... that would make a sweet MMO dbp game.

Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
i ant to know what happened to saxons and knights... or was it knights and saxons... or something like that... i played the demo endlessly, waiting for the full game release... but it never came, 5 yrs later and im starting to think they probably did rename it settlers...

Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
@raven i've had a similar idea for an mmorpg for some time now, you probably remember me trying to recruit ppl near anough whent he irc channel was opened, and still not got round to it.

the idea is theres a massive terrain on the server, you walk around it and join clans (this is set in the scottish highlands where clans were clans, not tribes or whatever) and in your clan you had to get your own resources, build your own fort and then go into battle against others. for this game to be successful you wanna have a hella load of players for propper battles rather than petty riots, so i'll probably just make a small demo to proove the concept works...

leave each game round running long enough and hopefully by the end you'll have clans with massive castle strongholds and all out sieges... heh... heheheheh... evil laugh

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2004 18:42
heh, could be a cool idea
been thinking about a pure clan game recently myself, just a pitty other things require more attention right now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 16:31:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 16:31:18