Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Character Files

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I’m new to dark basic and I have loads of questions, however I will take it one at a time.

I noticed in the little book I got with DB Pro that it does contain extensive language instructions etc, but what it does not mention is anything about how the character files are created or interpreted, for example, in the room demo, path >
Dark Basic\Professional\Projects\RoomDemo\media\hero\ there are several files as follows-- “Col_z.TGA” file which consists of several images which make up the skin for the character and “ROOMDEMO.X “ which I take it is the data for the actual character or possibly the info on how to use the image file as a skin.

I am of course speculating and that it why I am posting this question.

Is there any information regarding the way character skin files and character data files are created or interpreted.

I suppose I could spend some time experimenting to find out how this is happening, but before I do, I was just wondering if I was missing something really simple, which may be very obvious.

A point in the direction of some useful info would be appreciated, or a simple explanation may suffice.

Thanks.
The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok it seems that you dont have well any experience with programming...am i right?3d models are created in modelling programmes and saved out into various file formats one of those formats that dark basic uses is .x hence the “ROOMDEMO.X “ which is a model of the level. These models can be loaded in with the load object command and positioned with the position object command.

[href]www.vapourhost.com/~flyer[/href]
Turoid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2004 21:08
http://www.milkshape3d.com

is a nice modeling program.
export your model that you've made to a .x

in DB:
load object "directory+object file.x",1
position camera 0,0,-30
position object 1,0,0,0