Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Final Fantasy 11

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, are you goin to buy Final Fantasy 11?

There is a monthly fee....are you willing to pay it to play it?

It's a great way to make money, no wounder why square soft dont need to make any more FF series, because people will pay money monthly to them.....

Untill the price comes down, I will not be buying this!

What do you think?

Thnx
Blastabolt Team
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
You do know that Final Fantasy 12 is coming out next year right?

Got anime?I do.
blast a bolt
Years of Service
User Offline
Final Fantasy 12?

Explain....Whats that gotta do with 11?

Is it better?

Hmmm....

Thnx
Blastabolt Team
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2004 07:01
What the hell happened to FFXI then? I know it's online, so is FFXII a regular non-online game or sommit?

Isn't it? Wasn't it? Marvellous!
Get Involved With The DBPro Community FPS
Skeletor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2004 07:05 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2004 07:06
FFXI is a MMORPG that has been around in japan for around 3 years and in the US for 1 year. It is a MMORPG so in other words you are paying 13 bucks a month to keep the servers hack prove, updated, and you are also paying to keep your char on there massive harddrive. FFXI is not like any other FF because, Yes its all online and you cant beat it. In other words its squares take on Everquest.

Also if you are looking to get Chains of Promithia or whatever, you have to buy FFXI first then get that. Chains of Promithia is a expansion pack and wont work on its own.

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/db_games/
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2004 07:06
Hmm, I never saw anything about it past some very early screens. Was it even released in the UK?

Isn't it? Wasn't it? Marvellous!
Get Involved With The DBPro Community FPS
Skeletor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2004 07:07
Maybe... check out [href]www.playonline.com[/href]

blast a bolt
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, I live in the UK, and it is out here!

I still think paying that much money is a little bit too much, because it's around 12 pounds a month here, so figure it out, in a year that's around 144 pounds....

I still think I could save that money up and spend it elsewhere, I DID Hear a lot of members from other forums saying the excatly same thing, so no wounder there are less players playing....

I do think that this game would get boring after a while....Dont ask me why, but every other game I have get's out of fason before you know it.

Not going off the subject, but, why do people play games and not make them, I hear a lot of people wanting to make a game, but never come round to doing it lol!

Thnx
Blastabolt Team
DivW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2004 07:18
MMORPG's scare me slightly. I find the sheer scale of them terrifying-in fact, i rarely play online games, never mind MMORPGs. Im really just afraid of getting my ass kicked by Neo-geeks who never sleep, and play 24/7 in order to kick my ass in 0.0001 seconds. Scary Stuff. I prefer Mario Party for my multiplayer kicks.

-Dave

Your soul...it tastes like chicken

Official Website Postponed Indefinately
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2004 07:18
How many more are they going to make?

(And will they give them unique names?)

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
blast a bolt
Years of Service
User Offline
I could not agree more with you DivW, some people will just not sleep and keep playing this game untill they become ultimate

RPG games are ok, depending on what it is, Final Fantasy is ok, not too gd, I think it's quite boring now, so I really wounder, should I really get this game...because in 12 months to come ill say to myself, what a waste of money...

I just dont think you should be paying for something that really doesn't exist, I mean, yay I spent 24 months on this game and have finally got 1 million gill....but hold on, what could you have really of done in 24 months

I mean, so what, you have 1 million gills...

Thnx
Blastabolt Team
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Final Fantasy XII is the next final fantasy game but it returns to the Final Fantasy tradition, save real time combat, no longer is about the timer, but you can move your characters around the battle field and you can counter attack when an enemy attacks you. It's being made by the guy behind FFT.

Got anime?I do.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2004 09:27
God knows what the hell is up with the European release of FFXI... i've been waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and... i mean WTF?! it was out in Japan in christmas-2002 and in the states late-2003... FFS, i know European games are behind the rest of world, but 2 sodding years is taking the piss!!

I suppose it is encouraging the european site is FINALLY up for it.

As for Final Fantasy XII, the guy who developed the totally awesome Grandia Series is the main designer behind it.
Final Fantasy meeting Grandia... heh starting to see the awesomeness of the Square-Enix merger now.

There is a new game which is about to be released which also sees these elements, but i can't remember the name atm... it's based in space with what's being dubbed 'the largest explorable game world ever'... your looking at something that just shadows the size of KOTOR and Galaxies.

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2004 09:36
I don't play MMORPGs because it's just too expensive. They're fun, and I don't mind not being able to beat them, since I don't beat most of my games anyway.
BTW, FF12 is like the classics:single player offline experience, except the combat system is WAY WAY different, I think in real time.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: Project Starbuks
Sony stole our name!
Great Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
I thought FFXI was released in Europe all ready. Well I play FFXI and i had the game since it came out in america and what really ticks me off is the other players. They suspect so much from and try to tell you how to play the game and talking about items. aaah A potion is like 600 gil each and earning money in that game is not easy. Lets say one thing I am stll a level 30 Ninja and the other people includeing the ps2 players are all like 75 that also ticks me off. Too bad Ultima Online lost its touch. I really enjoyed that game.

Are you a leader or follower.
TravisP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2004 10:39
Quote: "Too bad Ultima Online lost its touch. I really enjoyed that game."

Im kinda still playing it cuase there releasing some Samrui/Ninja
Expansion.

Skeletor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2004 11:51
Just do what I did and Preorder Everquest 2

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2004 11:56
Quote: "I thought FFXI was released in Europe all ready."

i've not seen it in the shops, i've not seen it on game.com.uk and the european site still has no server up (according to the site anyways).

add to this the guy above said it was '£12/month' which is bull, because Sony & Square-Enix have said that it'll be £7.50/month.
(the site says it too!)

http://www.square-enix.co.uk ... just follow the links.
unless somehow, it has been released and Square-Enix Europe don't know about it - have a feeling someones full of it.

Kinda like how someone has told me that 'Jump to Lightspeed' is out for Star Wars Galaxies, yet the website for that seems to believe it is due out next month in the States

who to believe, a forum dweller, or the official website... HMMM

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2004 06:09
Quote: "There is a new game which is about to be released which also sees these elements, but i can't remember the name atm... it's based in space with what's being dubbed 'the largest explorable game world ever'... your looking at something that just shadows the size of KOTOR and Galaxies"

Gah, I know what you're talking about. Can't think of the name either. Seems like I was just watching X-Play or Pulse and something about that came up.

----------------------
As for mmorpg's, I generally just stay away from them. Too much money, and I hardly have the time to play them.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly known as Yellow)
Great Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Ultima lost its touch to me . I been on since 97.
Naa i can't get ever quest 2. Computer can't handle it .
I was going to beta test http://www.ryzom.com/.
After I started the game out and made my charater it crashed and then my Graphics card had some memory problems so I stoped and deleted the file.
The game was taken up like over 512 MB of memory and it only ran on
1024 by 768 and i only have 386MB Memory. I think ff 11 will be the last mmorpg this computer can handle unless i upgrade. Stupid MMORPGs useing like all my computers resources.

Are you a leader or follower.
ArcAngel
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know if I'll get it or not. Being a FF junky this is hard for me. I think that the server cost is stupid, but I guess when I look at it resonably it's a must if the server is to be updated. But I just can't come up with that extra money all the time. But I do know that my friend has it and you can multiple accounts... so anyone seeing my drift? Just going to install his game and get another account. Still, I read in Electronic Monthly or PSM that 96% of marriages in that game are homo. 1, I don't know why you would get married over the net {probably because we don't allow s to marry in the States to much, so they do it where the law doesn't reach}. 2, why have that in an FF game anyway? I don't know. I know that you don't have to get married, fake or real, in the game, but you still have to deal with the "homo" people in the game. I guess it's not much different than dealing with the "game junkies with no sleep " and snots on the game though...

"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it."
"Visit my website! www.freewebs.com/stradigos"
Skeletor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2004 09:08
@ Stradigos

Dude the people behind MMORPG's arent retarded...

Quote: "But I do know that my friend has it and you can multiple accounts... so anyone seeing my drift? Just going to install his game and get another account."

In FFXI you pay 13 bucks a month for one account and you can only have 1 character. (1 Dollar extra a month for each seperate character)

So you can just install his game and instantly make a new account without entering a credit card. Also you would have to buy your own seperate copy because they use CD keys.

Anyway... why are you bothering to play a MMORPG??? If I remember correctly you are the one promising us Virtual World and said that you arent like all those other noobs just saying stuff to say it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 16:34:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 16:34:31