Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / dev c++ crashed my video driver

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2004 11:34
how does dev c++ crash my video driver i mean okm this is what i did

i was making a dll file and i wanted to continue on it later so i just clicked close all and then my screen just went blank no blue screen no beep no nothing so it stayed that way for about 2 minutes then i forced my pc off then i started my pc my boot.ini also somehow got messed up everytime it would change the time left number the characters wiulkd change to random characters like instead of windows it would say mdgiejrfg it was wierd so then the timeou went off and it loaded windows xp then before i logged in it was all fine then when i got loged in my display settings changed to 640x480x256 and changed my driver to my old graphics card driver(intel 82815) but one problem my old card wasn't plugged into a monitor or anything just the driver was installed and it said my old nevidia driver wasn't there like it was neevr installed so i restarted once again and this timne it siad it reversed all the changes including the theme change that happened and it said the driver was installed but it never said that it reinstalled any drivers and now i am writing this

so have any reason this happend or any comments post them here

http://free-space.myftp.org for free ftp
website hosting and e-mail 60mb for ftp/webste 70mb for e-mail
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2004 18:13
Any chance of putting in full stops and commas where they are needed ?

It sounds like various sectors/files on the hard drive were corrupted (or were corrupted to start with) - do a full scandisk before reinstalling anything.

Come to the UK Convention on the 23rd & 24th of October
TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2004 22:07
Maybe the stops and commas got corrupted too?

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2004 22:08
Wouldn't be surprised...

Three Score
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2004 07:15
nope just the screen went blank and i will do a full scan tonight(it takes forever to do a fuill scan on 120gb with the /r)

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2004 07:21
I know, but it needs to be done. Its amazing the number of people who dont even perform the basic scan disk, and wonder why files keep disappearing or are corrupt.

Emperor Baal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2004 07:28 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2004 07:31
Lesson 1: Cleaning up f*cked up text

Quote: "
how does dev c++ crash my video driver i mean okm this is what i did

i was making a dll file and i wanted to continue on it later so i just clicked close all and then my screen just went blank no blue screen no beep no nothing so it stayed that way for about 2 minutes then i forced my pc off then i started my pc my boot.ini also somehow got messed up everytime it would change the time left number the characters wiulkd change to random characters like instead of windows it would say mdgiejrfg it was wierd so then the timeou went off and it loaded windows xp then before i logged in it was all fine then when i got loged in my display settings changed to 640x480x256 and changed my driver to my old graphics card driver(intel 82815) but one problem my old card wasn't plugged into a monitor or anything just the driver was installed and it said my old nevidia driver wasn't there like it was neevr installed so i restarted once again and this timne it siad it reversed all the changes including the theme change that happened and it said the driver was installed but it never said that it reinstalled any drivers and now i am writing this

so have any reason this happend or any comments post them here
"

How did dev c++ crash my video driver? I mean okm, this is what i did:

I was making a dll file and I wanted to continue on it later, so i just clicked close all and then my screen just went blank. No blue screen, no beep, no nothing so it stayed that way for about 2 minutes then I forced my pc off.

When I started my pc my boot.ini also somehow got messed up. Everytime it would change the time left, the characters would change to random characters. Instead of "windows" it said something like: "mdgiejr". It was wierd.

When it finished loading everything looked fine. But when I logged in it was all fine. When I logged in my display settings changed to 640x480x256 and changed my driver to my old graphics card driver(intel 82815) but my monitor isn't connected to the old card.
I also noticed my old NVIDIA driver wasn't avaible/installed anymore.

So I rebooted once again and this time Windows told me it reversed all the changes, including a theme change I did. The NVIDIA driver was avaible/installed now but Windows never told me it reinstalled the driver.

And so... my quest for the ultimate answer begins...
(C)2004 Martijn van Sliedregt

First of all. If it seriously crashed, dev-c++ isn't the one to blame. It's your fault if you write a terrible dll

Second, the Intel driver get's replaced by the old backup (NVIDIA driver). That's why it didn't told you that. It already gave you a "reversed settings" message.

If a full disk scan doesn't fix it, backup your stuff and reinstall. That's the only way to be sure Windows works 100% again.

Zero Blitzt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2004 07:59
/me bows down to Emp. Baal

Come to #coding. We promise we wont kick you!
DISCLAIMER: Promises may not actually be upheld.
Three Score
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2004 08:06 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2004 08:09
Quote: "It already gave you a "reversed settings" message."

it didn't give me a message i just noticed it it didn't say it replaced drivers or anything chnaged it was as if it was using the windows vga(xp has advancedf vga) and you miss told a lto of things like it didn't give me any messages it just all botted fine and acted lioke everything was normal

Quote: "When it finished loading everything looked fine. But when I logged in it was all fine. When I logged in my display settings "

i meant that like when it got finished actually loading windows(nto logged in yet) it seemed all fin then when i logged in it wasn't and it didn't say it changed/deleted my theme

edit:
nd i never tested my dll i didn't even save the project and the dll i was making wouldn't compile when i tried so i decided to try again later it wasn't the dll in progress that crashed it

Emperor Baal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2004 08:30
It could be a psu problem as well. You're hd was reading/writing when you closed dev-c++ and the PSU messed up. Bang! Errors...

Quote: "/me bows down to Emp. Baal"

I'm starting to like you

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 16:24:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 16:24:24