Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Zelda's Camera... plz?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2004 08:19
I'm creating a RPG game third person, and i need a camera like Zelda Ocarina of Time...

You move the hero acording to the camera

It keeps away from hero from a distance
But comes closer if it's too far away
Press down and he comes closer
Press up, and he goes away

The most important is to go at side becouse it goes at the tangent of camera... I mean it don't stay walking arround the camera, but goes away in tangent (someone get it?)

If you play Zelda, it whould be better... this move/camera mode is great and i think there's a lot of people who would use it... Can someone help me? PLZ? Tanx in advance!!!

Farwell!!!

If you can dream it, you can do it.
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2004 10:36
If you cant code a 3D Camera, you might not want to jump right into a full blown RPG, as the camera is probably the easiest part of the game to code

Try looking in the codebase perhaps...?

PS - Is your avatar from a game? I loved Crono Trigger and Im wondering if theres a 3D Sequel that I didnt hear about?

Check out our Team Request in the Team Request section if you want to help!
Crono Smash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2004 23:05
Hum... I can code a camera, and in some diferent ways too, but this one is a problem becouse of the tangent, I just don't know how to move by it by the tangent. The rest of it I can do it, just asking to see if someone do it by an better way. I coudn't find it at code base (maybe a just can't use it, I coudn't find anything). Can you help me, plz?

Ah, my avatar is from a 3D remake that some people were making, but it was closed by square...

Farwell!!!

Crono Smash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2004 21:11
Hmm, in the forum window, I can see that you has posted, but here I can see no message...

Have anyone posted? Sorry if is flood...

Farwell!!!

The Magic Lepricorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Yo thanks aswell!

At the end of each rainbow,
You find a pot of gold, son!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 00:21:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 00:21:39