Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Matrix Shader

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2004 09:33
This will be a real-time matrix editor. The difference with this one is that you'll be able to color it in real time as well. The main problem at the moment is using 2d dots to show the verts. Even on a 10x10 matrix, I'm already getting slow downs.

"eureka" - Archimedes
Powersoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2004 01:31
very cool....

mind sharing your secret to the nice colour?

Scorched Turf --> Project Thread
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2004 10:42
first, create an object with 338 format representing a matrix in a memblock. Then normally, you'd adjust the diffuse colors of the vert in the memblock. But now with Dimitry's new plugin, the data can be accessed directly, so theres no need to recreate the object from a memblock. This greatly increases the speed to a point where a real-time editor is possible.

"eureka" - Archimedes
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2004 11:01
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2004 19:54
Looking cool, the last time I just used an overlay image to get the vert colours, but it's obviously nicer to be able to paint your matrices like that.

I'm not sure why you have such slowdown, I use BOX all the time for node editing, and that does'nt seem to slow things down too much, although I think a pasted image might be faster. All I did was position a dummy object at each vertice and got it's 2D screen location for drawing the box (but only when on-screen).

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:27:00
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:27:00