Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Multi-Display problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2004 08:32
Hi there,

I run a P4 machine with XP. I have three displays connected:
1xSony 23" with 1920x1200
2xSony 21" with 1280x1024

The 23" panel and one 21" panel are directly running split desktop and the third is attached on a second WinXP box, displaying the desktop via "MaxiVista". Anyhow, XP takes it as 3 screens, which is not too rare for developers, I guess.

A phenomenon I was able to watch with a lot of games is, that the game starts on the main screen, the others are displaying, whats left in the main screen resolution.

This is bothering! Icons jump around, windows move and stay on the wrong screen when you fire up the code, depending on the main screen resolution.

setting a display should take the main screen (windows indicates the one) and change that resolution and not the whole thing.

I know that this is not a DB problem, but still, I can not fix it in my own code either... or?

Regards,
P!

it's not my fault
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2004 18:22
Eek!

I have a laptop and extended desktop to a standard monitor. They both run from the same graphics card. I don't have the problem you are describing, so I would suggest it's not DB or DirectX.

BatVink
http://biglaugh.co.uk/catalog AMD 3000+ Barton, 512Mb Ram, 120 Gig Drive space, GeForce 5200 FX 128 Mb, Asus A7N8X Mobo.
Terms & Conditions apply
Philip
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2004 09:05
Guten tag.

Haben Sie ein, er, gutes tag?

Ok. I admit I don't speak German.

Ich kann nur ein bitchen Deutsch sprechen aber mein Deutsch ist furchtbar.

Philip

What do you mean, bears aren't supposed to wear hats and a tie? P3.2ghz / 1 gig / GeForce FX 5900 128meg / WinXP home
pontifex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2004 03:01
hi,

batvink: it is not a DB problem or a DirectX problem, rather a problem, that I can not access multiple displays...

e.g. the command for "set display" lacks a "display panel" number.

what if I have 3 dual head graphic cards and want to change the resolution of display number 3 ?

I know that this is not a major thing to problemize, but still: if you want to use your second display to show the actual map of a game or the invetory of your weapons... how do you adress the second display or even check, if there are more than 1?

philip: yes it is "guten tag", but english is just fine

regards,
P!

-
it's not my fault...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 00:33:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 00:33:45