Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / my absence for the past few eeks may result in much mroe db!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2004 19:04
hi guys i havent been on to post cause i kinda came down with glandular fever there and was bed ridden for several weeks :/ im still sick but i can use the computer a bit. however cause of this illness my plans for a career with teh police force have ultimately been postponed for another year, and seeing as i wont have much energy during that year why not waste what energy i have in buying a copy of dbpro an dactually learing how to use it to make video games being left inside for a few weeks has stockpiled some money, which will be mostly being spent soon on various products but i get paid again soon and soon again after that and by the next month or so i will have plenty to spen don a copy of dbpro to start workin on some games. so hope to hear from me again soon in the next week or so, start poppin out some isometric games.

Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2004 19:17
unlucky bout the fever, good luck with the career (next year ) and the games

:: Pulse Board Forums :: Want Gmail? Email me ::
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2004 19:44
It's bloody annoying trying to get into the force here, you have to sit a test, go through the academy, run the course, take a psycological test, have an interview, then finally get in... if you're lucky.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
flibX0r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2004 21:40
Yeah, but it would get rid of all the bad candidates and fruitloops

@robx

Hope you get better, so you can make Undead Nazi Pirates of teh KungFoorabean

http://www.jellystudios.tk
Current Project: Cube3 Arena (TGC Compo Entry)
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2004 22:29 Edited at: 26th Sep 2004 22:34
tnx flibble thats the first game on the agenda

@exeat: kinda like that, except you take three tests before you go to the academy, you take the written examination with maths and problem solving etc, then you have the medical test by your local gp, then you take the physical test where u gotta do a lap of a running track then jump through a meter off the ground window, then scale a fence, then do some hurdles, the over and under bars, then climb onto a 1.3 meter high ledge, then one hurdle and finish the second lap in 6 and a half minutes. if your fit enough its not so hard, but because of my condition im not gonna be fit enough for a long time which makes me sad but ohwell i wil sit infront of a computer all day long. anyway if you pass those tests i believe you must sit an interview then if you pass that you go to the academy complete the course, then you are given a station to be assigned to, anywhere in victoria (the vic police is what i was trying to join) then you are on a 2 year probationary period where you learn the ropes, mostly you're inside doing paper work for a year but then you go out with other constables and they teach you how to do other stuff. thats what i got from all my looking into the vic police force

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2004 00:03
Hmm... I thought you went to the Academy before taking the fitness course, guess I was wrong lol, well it does make more sense to do the test beforehand actually.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Xander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2004 02:13
I want to try that physical test, it sounds pretty fun...

Xander Moser - Bolt Software - Firewall
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2004 09:50 Edited at: 29th Sep 2004 09:56
yeah it does sound parts of cool jumpin thru the window, oh i left out the right hand and left hand dry fire, where you get an unloaded revolver and have to fire it six times in each hand then move on. and also the aprt where u have to pin a dummies arms behind its back for like 10 seconds. anyway im posting here again cause im starting work on a game, a revolutionary game! or just a game that will fizzle out when i get to do more things, but im working on a 3rd person adventure set in heroquest world, the ol dboardgame heroquest that is, u get to be the dwarf the barbarian the elf or the wizard, an dmaybe multiplayer if i can make it. i was gonna use the dwarf i think it was indi that gave it out, cause he looks mean, but there will be changeable weapons like the two handed axe for the dwarf etc and each character will atttack differently and use different things, but you will be able to search objects in the game and that will work just like the board game where you draw a treasure card and it coul dbe a trap a wandering monster or other. My scanner isnt set up so no point doing concept art for now, im gonna start working on the object models (cause im crap at player models), then if i can find a decent world maker that will let me import the objects and let me build walls i might make some level renders for you all, otherwise stay posted for item and object renders. and more info on how teh game runs and all its special features I can write up for anyone who wants to know more. but for now, to work.

[edit] its been like 2 minutes since i posted this and im already finished modelling teh table, now i need to texture it, by teh way the models im trying to make are modelled after the objects from the boardgame.

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2004 10:19
ok finished the table with textures and all, wanted to post a render of it, but don't want to upload to angelfire for obvious reasons, however i tried that photobucket and it said i could only sign up during a time slot that isnt for another 4 hours. so anyone know of anywhere else i can go while I upload to angel fire??

Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2004 10:35 Edited at: 29th Sep 2004 10:36
If ya want you can email it to me and i can upload to my space.

LiquidzSnake--At--Gmail.com

replace --At-- with @

AMD 64bit 3200+, Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro motherboard, 512meg HYPER RAM, ATI Radeon 9600XT 128mb, 120GB Maxtor 7200RPM, nFinity Version 2
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2004 10:50
ok i will send you two renders
one of the table, the second of the rusty orc axe i whipped up.

Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2004 10:55
http://www.liquidzsnake.dbspot.com/uberwiggett/rustyorcaxe.jpg
http://www.liquidzsnake.dbspot.com/uberwiggett/tablerender.jpg

Look cool BTW

AMD 64bit 3200+, Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro motherboard, 512meg HYPER RAM, ATI Radeon 9600XT 128mb, 120GB Maxtor 7200RPM, nFinity Version 2
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2004 11:00
tnx, i might make this post in the program announcements now that i got something to show.

Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2004 11:09 Edited at: 29th Sep 2004 11:10
What an
Quote: "eek"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 18:40:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 18:40:49