Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / a seriuse 3d gamemaker problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2004 21:51 Edited at: 26th Sep 2004 21:52
Hi

well i use DBC classic and make games and programs in it.
but today i found The 3d gamemaker and i want to make a fast game just for fun(i used the 3d gamemaker before i moved on the DBC)
BUT
when i try to run a game the map and the car i control get invisible and the enemys get black!???!?!?
what is happening!?

The Nerd

p.s i use windows xp

i make games, i play games... But the fun thing is that i like to make them more than play them....
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2004 22:50
There are some things that you can try. There is a file called 'setup.ini' within the folder 'Crogram FilesDark Basic SoftwareThe 3D Gamemaker' (assuming that you installed to the default location).

Take a copy of this file onto the PC you are trying to run your game on and drop it into the same place. You will now need to edit this file as follows:

Open the file setup.ini with Notepad. You can often do this by
right-clicking on the file and selecting "Open With" and then
"Notepad".

Locate the lines that read:

vbcreate=0
vbusage=0

and change them to:

vbcreate=4
vbusage=3

Save the file and then restart the game. In most instances
this will resolve the issues you were having.

If this doesn't cure the problem, you can also try changing the following line (also in the setup.ini file), change

windowmode=0

to

windowmode=1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 00:17:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 00:17:34