Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Universal-IDE - DarkbasicPro & Borland C++ & Others

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2004 23:20 Edited at: 28th Sep 2004 18:09
I wrote this entire thing myself using Visual C and Win32 API .. It is very small and very fast and it is free ...

All I am asking from you is to test it out and tell me the problems it has so I can make it better ..

Unversal IDE .. Fully customizable via settings file (DarkBasicPro.ini, Borland C++.ini) :-

http://niranjan.freeunixhost.com/Universal-Ide/Universal-IDE-Install.exe

Screenshot 1 :- http://niranjan.freeunixhost.com/Universal-Ide/Universal-IDE1.jpg

Screenshot 2 :- http://niranjan.freeunixhost.com/Universal-Ide/Universal-IDE2.jpg

Features
- Visual Studio Clone IDE .
- keyword Hightling
- Partial Folding
- Wrote my own Office XP Style Menus .. Still need to do proper shortcut key..
- Templates Files .. Allows you to create you own customized files during compile .. used to create the dark basic pro project file ..
- Custom Tools Commands ..
- Drag and Drop Files
- Help File system .. Automatically loads the help file and the specific keyword section .. works on chm and hlp files ..
- Project Todos
- Project History
- Automatic Versioning system active on compile and run ..
- Integrated Error Messages in Output Window
- Much more stuff ..

******* -- Note -- **************
The settings dialog is not fully function and may crash when used .. Please manually edit the settigs via ini file .. U can modify two ini file .. the project file ( xxx.prj ) and the
language file ( XXX.ini .. found in languages ) ..

Please change the file DarkBasicPro.ini found in languages folder to suit your system paths before creating new project ..

This IDE should work with Dark Basic ( NON-PRO ) but you have to create the language and the template file first. Just follow Dark basic Pro language file to create it . It should be similar .
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2004 23:23
Seems pretty good, but it needs spicing up a bit.

I'm going back for another play

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Screenshots?

Got anime?I do.
CrashX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2004 23:41 Edited at: 26th Sep 2004 23:54
Updated with screenshots ..
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2004 00:19
To clone OfficeXP even more than you can use MenuEx by http://www.icxr.com

1tg46 is my name coding is my game.
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2004 03:49 Edited at: 27th Sep 2004 03:50
It certainly runs very quickly and I like the layout, there a few issues though:

1 - Folding does not seem to work yet. I can click on the +/- button but nothing is folded. Moving the window out of sight and then back again updates the fold symbol but not the code.

2 - Crash in dbgheap.c when attempting to view project settings (via Project > Settings)

3 - I cannot see how you configure DBP project display settings or media settings.

4 - Keyword highlighting is a little flawed. If you type "endwhile" and then press return without entering a space after the command, it is not highlighted.

BlueGUI:Windows UI Plugin - All the power of the windows interface in your DBPro games.
CrashX
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your comments ..

Quote: "1 - Folding does not seem to work yet. I can click on the +/- button but nothing is folded. Moving the window out of sight and then back again updates the fold symbol but not the code."

Yeah it is not complete yet ..

Quote: "2 - Crash in dbgheap.c when attempting to view project settings (via Project > Settings)"

Yeah i am aware that ..

Quote: "3 - I cannot see how you configure DBP project display settings or media settings"

Look at the template directory for the file .. It is used to generate the file .. Basically tags are used to set the values ..

Quote: "4 - Keyword highlighting is a little flawed. If you type "endwhile" and then press return without entering a space after the command, it is not highlighted."

Will look into it ..

Also I prefer to write my own code to do things ... It wasn't hard to write the code to customize menus to office xp menus ..
CrashX
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking for more comments to make it better ..
CrashX
Years of Service
User Offline
Update IDE with alot of fixes:-

1) Office XP Menu style pretty much complete ..
2) Crash fix on project setting dialog

Please try and post your bugs ..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:09:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:09:51