Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Need some help please! help me do my homework :D

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all people, i really need some help. I study psychology and i need a program for this Tuesday. I have the basics of the program but i need it to do more things.

For all the curious ppl is a program we will use to measure sustained attention and see how the vasal state is related to it.

I have attached the code i have made, as u can see is very small, and what i need is very simple.

the subject needs to press enter if he sees an X followed by an X (ex.. X appers in screen, dissapears, then appears again and HO! he has to press enter right there!)

for now i just need a piece of code that can recognize an enter WHILE the text is in screen, not before or after...the problem is if I use Wait Value, the wait time is just "dead time"...

the second problem is that the laptop ill be using its slower than my comp, so i need to be carefull with speed sensitive code...

any suggestions?

thanks !!!
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2004 12:36 Edited at: 27th Sep 2004 13:02
Not sure what you are after. maybe something like this?

[edit] This may be better.

Why not use random letters instead of pre picked ones so they cannot memorize them?

Rixarn
Years of Service
User Offline
Well i cant use random letters first off because i need to do two Followed X, its an X,X test. I need to register also the correct&incorrect answers... pressing enter on an X stimule is incorrect, pressing enter when an X`s on screen after an X has been on screen is correct so i need to control the appearance of Two X´s and record that. I also need to record the response time in miliseconds (how long took the person to press enter) but your code gives me some ideas i belive, thanks man ll post what ive done in the afternoon, but feel free to help me, i really need it lol
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2004 23:04
oh lol I thought just an x. It will be easy to modify for 2 x's and give response time. I'll see what you come up with I'll check back later.

Rixarn
Years of Service
User Offline
Well thanks man, actually i did my presentation today with an incomplete program, but it served its purpose: to tell pll what the test is about.

Ill post the final code when im done, and when i figure out how to do it lol

thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 01:15:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 01:15:38