Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Rome total war, THE BEST GAME EVER!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2004 10:37
I bought Rome total war yesterday, and I must say, that it's the best stradegy game I have ever played. It's awsome beyond beliefe, the stradegy is unmatched in any other game, you actually have to think in this one, which I like, as it tests my amazingly Huge brain . The city assualts are my favorite, as they bring up memories of Lord of the rings, Seeing your thousands of men fight it out on the battlefield is awe-inspiring. I actually feel for the soldiers because they are so life-like, When they die I feel a little sad. One particularly stunning event had my army of 2000 facing off agains a Gaul city with roughly 400 men, I waited ouside their gates, slowely bashin in the wooden gates with a battering ram, untill it finally gave way, at which point a few hundred of my prized calvelry charged in! AWSOME! Well its awsome, simply awsome, and the compaign map is just as fun as the battle map, I could go on all day, anyways, go get this game now!!!

Feel free to talk about the game here.

Guns arnt the problem, people are the problems, shoot all the people and guns arnt a problems anymore.
Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
I bought Rome total war yesterday, and I must say, that it's the best strategy game I have ever played. It's awesome beyond belief, the strategy is unmatched in any other game, you actually have to think in this one, which I like, as it tests my amazingly Huge brain. The city assaults are my favorite, as they bring up memories of Lord of the rings, Seeing your thousands of men fight it out on the battlefield is awe-inspiring. I actually feel for the soldiers because they are so life-like, When they die I feel a little sad. One particularly stunning event had my army of 2000 facing off against a Gaul city with roughly 400 men, I waited outside their gates, slowly bashing in the wooden gates with a battering ram, until it finally gave way, at which point a few hundred of my prized calvelry charged in! AWSOME! Well its awesome, simply awesome, and the campaign map is just as fun as the battle map, I could go on all day, anyway, go get this game now!!!

PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
I bought Rome total war yesterday, and I must say, that it's the best strategy game I have ever played. It's awesome beyond belief, the strategy is unmatched in any other game, you actually have to think in this one, which I like, as it tests my amazingly Huge brain. The city assaults are my favorite, as they bring up memories of Lord of the rings, Seeing your thousands of men fight it out on the battlefield is awe-inspiring. I actually feel for the soldiers because they are so life-like, When they die I feel a little sad. One particularly stunning event had my army of 2000 facing off against a Gaul city with roughly 400 men, I waited outside their gates, slowly bashing in the wooden gates with a battering ram, until it finally gave way, at which point a few hundred of my prized calvelry charged in! AWSOME! Well its awesome, simply awesome, and the campaign map is just as fun as the battle map, I could go on all day, anyway, go get this game now!!!

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2004 12:17

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
I was just fixing the spelling and grammer mistakes...

PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2004 13:45

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2004 13:48

(btw, it's spelled grammar)

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: Project Starbuks
Sony stole our name!
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2004 14:37 Edited at: 28th Sep 2004 14:37
I bought Rome total war yesterday, and I must say that it's the best strategy game I have ever played. It's awesome beyond belief, the strategy is unmatched in any other game, and you actually have to think in this one, which I like, as it tests my amazingly huge brain. The city assaults are my favorite, as they bring up memories of Lord of the rings, seeing your thousands of men fight it out on the battlefield is awe-inspiring. I actually feel for the soldiers because they are so life-like, When they die I feel a little sad. One particularly stunning event had my army of 2000 facing off against a Gaul city with roughly 400 men, I waited outside their gates, slowly bashing in the wooden gates with a battering ram, until it finally gave way, at which point a few hundred of my prized cavalry charged in! AWESOME! Well it’s awesome, simply awesome, and the campaign map is just as fun as the battle map, I could go on all day, anyway, go get this game now!!!

"Computers are useless, they can only give you answers."

Now will you all shut up?

AMD 64bit 3200+, Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro motherboard, 512meg HYPER RAM, ATI Radeon 9600XT 128mb, 120GB Maxtor 7200RPM, nFinity Version 2
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2004 14:42
Sure.

Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2004 15:13
Actually, you can shut up after this .

"Computers are useless; they can only give you answers."

My mistake. Now go on living your happy lives.

AMD 64bit 3200+, Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro motherboard, 512meg HYPER RAM, ATI Radeon 9600XT 128mb, 120GB Maxtor 7200RPM, nFinity Version 2
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2004 22:02
and grammer is spelled grammar.

Play Nice! Play Basic! Out now.

nFinity Emulator. Coming soon.
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2004 22:05 Edited at: 28th Sep 2004 22:05
How does one topic go from, "Rome: Total War", to grammar central?

empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2004 22:07
Maybe because Latin grammar is rather complex and very strict.

On topic:
The screenshots do look nice, though.

Play Nice! Play Basic! Out now.

nFinity Emulator. Coming soon.
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2004 22:09
Screenshots of what? Ohhhh the game that's name is in the title (as no one would guess if they read the topic). Yeah i saw screens of it a while back... never gave it to much attention though. I'll see if theres a demo and try it later.

Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2004 23:19
i played Shogun Total war and loved it

my brother got medeival total war and loved it

i plan to get Rome: Total War and love it

"We make the worst games in the universe."

Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2004 02:40
Shogun will still be the best, whatever you claim

:: Pulse Board Forums :: Want Gmail? Email me ::
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
i got md:tw + viking invasion, but i really suck at it, tho i wanna be pro

im getting RTW as soon as i get this months pocket moolah

heres a screenshot of mine from the demo, i love the elephants, just charge em in and watch the men fly, literally:

Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2004 09:59
Thanks guys for ruining my topic!

Guns arnt the problem, people are the problems, shoot all the people and guns arnt a problems anymore.
DrakeX
Years of Service
User Offline
ha! what did you expect? this IS apollo, after all.

i still love you, judas
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
yeh- that was pretty sad

Damokles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2004 16:58
"Wasting space for Dummies" --> Check this thread

- Mind the gap -

Login to post a reply