Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Suggestions About the site, - Links not working

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2004 04:45 Edited at: 29th Sep 2004 04:46
CORRECTION: NEWS LETTER LINK NOT WORKING on right side bar.

Hi,

I was wondering why there isn't a section in the forum for reporting errors on the site or for suggestions all to gether ... if there is I am sorry hehe

Ok to my point. Every time I visit the site and click on the image or link for the latest news letter, it alwasy links to the prior one. In order to get to the current newsletter I have to go to the list of news letters and click the latest one on the top. Whistle this isn't a big deal for me, it just seems that if you are going to have a link for the lastest news letter.. it should indeed direct me to it.

This has been the case all along for me. I wonder if this happens to anyone else. I'm sure the server doesn't write special html just for me

anywayz just thought I would say something

G'day

::goes off to reread the latest newsletter 21::

IDIC (Infinite Diversity Infinite Combinations)
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2004 04:49
The newsletter link on the right hand side (or on the left, or the top for that matter) never links directly to the issue, always to the newsletter selection page, from which you can pick the latest issue.

"I am not young enough to know everything."
- Oscar Wilde
Mr Anderson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2004 04:50 Edited at: 29th Sep 2004 04:52
EDIT: For some reason, it did for my computer(s) at work home where ever I did it. When I clicked on it... it would bring me to the newsletter before... If that wasn't the case in the first place then I'm stumped...

OK... NOW I FEEL SILLY BECAUSE oh sorry left caps on...hehe

The link now directs to the list of news letters... Just so O don't sound crazy although I probably will... It was not link this yesterday and any other time prior I tried to use it... its just a coincidence that someone finally fixed it now that I decide to complain

This happens to me too often... I think I'm borderline psychic...

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2004 04:52
Haven't touched it, it has always linked to the newsletter list page, never to the latest newsletter itself, it was the way I designed it originally.

- Oscar Wilde
Mr Anderson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2004 04:55
Thanks for the speedy replay... I'm still however feeling like I just took a lil ride in the Twilight Zone...

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2004 04:57
*shrugs* have fun out there.

- Oscar Wilde
Kohaku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2004 06:12
Actually, I did find this spelling mistake in the Forum Profile section of the site.

Quote: "Avatar URL If you wisht to use your own Avatar then enter the URL... "

... Wow I'm sad...

Absent.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 18:34:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 18:34:20