Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / DVD .DLL?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2004 06:54
Can anyone point me to a .DLL that gives you DVD playback as well as some information on how to use it? I have come across the mention of some .dll's on google and MSDN but neither tell you how to use it or exactly where to get it etc.

Thanks for your help.

~It's a common mistake to make, the rules of the English langauge do not apply to insanity~
CrAzKiDd55
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2004 18:06
try posting in the newcomers corner. you may find that you will get a answer from there.

Quote: "m3g4 7oky0 ru135.. "
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2004 18:28
Er - why?

He's not talking about DBPro (I assume).

Killswitch - what language? In VB you can use the Wwindows Media player control, that might do DVD playback.

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2004 19:03
There is no simple dvd.dll as you need codecs written by commercial entities such as the makers of powerdvd.

Once you have a suitable dvd decoder installed DB Pro can use it.

Killswitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2004 08:26
I'm using PureBaisc. I thought that there might be a standard windows dll to deal with it or something - or at least a dll that's widely avaliable on the net.

Quote: "try posting in the newcomers corner. you may find that you will get a answer from there."

And what's with that? One I'm not a newcomer, two I'm not using DB/DB Pro as David T suggested and three have you ever heard of CAPTIAL letters?

~It's a common mistake to make, the rules of the English langauge do not apply to insanity~

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 18:35:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 18:35:13