Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Any Basic for PDA ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ok there is DB for pc and mobile basic for mobile phones.

But is there any basic or other "easy" language for programming on pda ?

best would be, if the programming could be done on the pda itself. But if its only possible at pc, its ok too.

I only found a enviroment for pda to program on PC in C(or c++), but for more then 300€, thats crazy.
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2004 00:39
NSBasic for Palm and CE devices (www.nsbasic.com I think)

Cheers,

Rich

"I am not young enough to know everything."
- Oscar Wilde
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2004 00:52
Omega Basic can if you download the convertor off palmone's website and install the java vm on your pda.

jar -> prc convertor is what your after

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2004 05:55 Edited at: 30th Sep 2004 05:55
For PDA you could use Embedded Vb 3 (eVb). Isn't supported by MS anymore, but works pretty well, and is basically a cut down VB for free. Plus there are books on it (I know cos I've got some of them). Think NSBasic expanded on it, but costs money. .NET costs money too.

For mobile phones you could try mobile basic. [href]www.mobilebasic.com[/href] Last version I tried (about 1.7) even allowed you to type code into your phone. Was a bit conky to do this (instead of uploading from PC), but pretty cool. Probably better if you have one of those full keyboard mobiles, such as that nokia thingy.

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 18:41:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 18:41:14