Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Coders Workshop

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2004 01:01
Hello, please accept my apologies if this has already ben posted here (I couldn't get the search forum thing to work).

I thought I would inform everyone here (more useful for the UK developers) about Coders Workshop.

On Saturday 27th November the second Coders Workshop will be taking place in Doncaster, England. This is a general meet up of indie, hobbyist, freelance, or anyone else, computer programmers (any language), artists, musicians etc.

It is completely free to attend, and do not need to be a professional or even to have anything to show or talk about.

It is a chance to talk to a worldwide publisher (alot of their products are educational and applications www.idigicon.com ) of software, ask questions about freelancing, get more information on the software industry or just have a good time talking to other people about creating and looking at some stuff that other people are making.

Anyway, full information is available here:
http://www.codersworkshop.com/meet/index.htm and you don't need to book or anything, just turn up. But a polite email to the email address on that page informing them you are attending would be nice.

I am from the blitz community and went to the last convention, but now it has been opened up to all developing languages, which I think most of you will agree will be a very good idea, as we can see what is happening on the other side of the fence so to say. It will be nice to see some work done in dark basic and likewise for you to see some blitz work (as well as other languages). So please come along (there was free sandwiches last time )

Thanks
Chris Bate (boomboom)

Sound and Vision
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2004 01:07
Sounds great, timing is not perfect though, the UK DB convention is at the end of October, so a lot of people who would go won't. Hope it goes well though - you should definately post the details at LLRGT too, if you haven't heard of it, it's a non-specific language forum that would be very interested in this - they're planning a US convention themselves too.

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
chipmandoo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2004 01:10 Edited at: 1st Oct 2004 01:11
Thanks, I am doing the rounds with alot of forums atm, so many indie games sites. Hopefully it won't conflict with your own convention too much.

do you know the LLRGT website, or anyothers I can inform as well?

Sound and Vision
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2004 01:11
I'm going to stickie this as its worth others here reading too.

Cheers,

Rich

"I am not young enough to know everything."
- Oscar Wilde
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2004 01:13 Edited at: 1st Oct 2004 01:15
Here's a link...

http://www.dannywartnaby.co.uk/rgt/index.php

I can't think of other forums that are worth posting in, I mean not as far as DB is concearned anyway - most people who use a smaller forum use this one or LLRGT as well you see.

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2004 07:25
This one may be of interest to "us Northerners", who struggle to make it to the DB convention.

BatVink
http://biglaugh.co.uk/catalog AMD 3000+ Barton, 512Mb Ram, 120 Gig Drive space, GeForce 5200 FX 128 Mb, Asus A7N8X Mobo.
Terms & Conditions apply
chipmandoo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2004 04:48 Edited at: 7th Oct 2004 04:51
Hi, Just letting you all know that several big developers and companies (such as nvidia) have donated more prizes for the day (an updated list can be seen on the website in my original posting)

Also talks are in place to get an nvidia developer to talk at the event.

Hope to see you all there (and remember its free!)

as BatVink said, this would be great for you lot to meet up if you can't make it, or can't afford to go to the dark official one or come along as well. Will be nice to see some cool stuff

Sound and Vision
chipmandoo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2004 10:54
thought you all might be intrested in knowing that The Game Creators have kindly donated 5 copies of Dark Basic Pro for the prizes

Sound and Vision
puki
Years of Service
User Offline
I went to the last 'Coders Workshop' and there was a lot of free stuff that they just gave away.
Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2004 00:12
Free stuff!? I wonder if I can go...

[center]:: Architectonic 2.0 ::
[center]
chipmandoo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2004 06:12
Hi, Just me again. The event looks to be a big one this year. Also if you pre-book (just a friendly email to the address on the webpage) you will get a free goody bag when you arrive.

http://www.codersworkshop.com/meet/index.htm

Loads more prizes added by the organisers, and still completely free

Sound and Vision

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 00:30:47
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 00:30:47