Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Video Mixing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2004 05:09
I've posted this several times over the last month, but it has never shown up. If they all come at once, I appologize to you all!

Can I overlay scrolling text on top of a video ising DB Pro? The idea is to put something like titles over an AVI file captured from a video I shot while flying. If so, what is the big picture on how to do it? I can't find any text commands that don't display the text in the Z-Order above the video. Thanks in advance, Jim

Amazing, Grace!
Turoid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2004 06:32
hmm.. im not sure, but did you put the text on the screen in the right order? like:

do
place the animation
after that the text
loop

Not sure if it works, but it must look a little like this i think.

Do you need a complete FPS,3rdPS engine ?? Or a collision command libary?? well here it is:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=38869&b=6&p=0
JDW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2004 11:12
Actually, I did. Of course I went back to make sure! Some of the code below is a mixture of projects from Mr. Harbour's excellent book on DB. I guess if I can get the text to bounce, I can make it scroll. Anyway, It would appear that the text generated by the PRINT command goes to bitmap zero, and the .AVI file plays in front of that. If I can't layer the text in front, is there a way to build it mixed with the .avi frame by frame as a bitmap then blite it to the screen? I am, quite frankly, a bit lost. Still, the language is pretty cool!

Regards,
Jim

Amazing, Grace!
Rknight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2004 13:43
Yes, there's a way to do that (see help: animation commands), but it'd be quite slow. Better just to edit the avi file itself before using it.

I'm not sure if you can put something in front of an AVI file using just DBPro's standard stuff.
Ric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2004 11:04
Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but the way I would do it is to play the video to a 3D plane (using 'play animation to image' then using 'texture object'), then print the text to the screen using the 'text' command.

eg.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 02:34:35
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 02:34:35