Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Very early screenshot of my Tron/Snake game

Author
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2004 04:22
Here is a very early shot of a version of snake I am thinking about entering into the competition, if I have enough time to work on it that is. It is inspired by the movie Tron...

James Profitt
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2004 06:55 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2004 07:03
Light cycles are a time honored variation on Snake. That's a good start. If you have not played TRON 2.0, I suggest you check out the demo for some ideas on how to make the game more interesting. Slow/fast zones, obstacles, and powerup come immediately to mind.

Some other interesting effects might be jumps, bridges, or adding enemy units besides other lightcycles. Imagine grid bugs latching on to your jet wall and you have to shake them off your tail (either by evasive moves or running across and energy spike to send a charge down your line. Also, heavy 'boss' units like tanks and recognizers can lumber into the light cycle arena and break down walls or fire at you.

Lots of potential there, but you'll have to hussle to get things done in only one month.
--
TAZ

"Do you think it is wise to provoke him?" "It's what I do." -- Stargate SG-1
Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2004 03:28
Listen not to these nay-sayers.

One month is plenty of time to finish a game.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:12:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:12:43