Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Ouroboros - Snake entry

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2004 04:09 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2004 04:24
Well, this be a lil sample of my entry for the Snake competition. My idea was to make the game a lot more puzzle based, and include some nice original stuff... for starters, the objective of each level is not only to eat all the food (little golden scarab beetles... the levels are egyptian themed) but once you have done so, to bite your tail (Hence the name - Ouroboros - it can be quite challenging to pull this off in some levels)

There's also enemies, water and when I release the final version it will have a level editor. This here is just a sample of the levels (about 1/3 or so of what i've made so far I think) in the game.

What i'm worried about is if the game will run properly on machines of better specs than mine... as i'm nowhere near the kind of machine that the Judges are using. If anyone could test for me, i'd be very happy

uh... screenshots!!

There's a helpfile with the game, but the controls are quite simple. Z is the confirm button for the menu (or use the mouse) direction keys move snake around, C flicks to First Person mode (for fun and extra challenge!) Space pauses...
OldTifu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2004 04:25
OK... had to remove the music, cos what I had was just a placeholder that I had put in till I got some actual music made for the game. So the game is fairly quiet... but it's all nice and legal now ¬_¬

Download here - prohosing is weird, that link will just take you to a site you can download the thing from, which you may have to click on twice to get it working... i'll be getting a proper site soon
Snaz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2004 02:49
Downloading it right now
Snaz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2004 03:23
It looks pretty good, but, i tried to play the first level, ate all the scarabs and took evrething, but nothing happens..i have to die and then switch the level? anyway, it looks superb!
OldTifu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2004 04:40
The aim isn't to eat the scarabs, it's to eat the scarabs and then eat your tail (the very tip, it should transform to look like your neck)
Thanks for the feedback

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 08:24:05
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 08:24:05