Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Several questions concerning 3d and db

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok Im sorry if these have been asked before but I need to get a few things clear for my sake I have looked at the board and havent gotten a decent answer.

I have several questions.

1. If I load a .x model into DBC do I have to load each texture /bmp
separately ?
Every model I loaded is gray. I asume this is because I did not load the texture. It will be a real pain for large levels with multiple textures. Oh I made sure the textures were in the same folder.

2. I hace C shop Will db import the cshop model and light map ?
IF so do I do this with the standard Load object command on a .x file made from cshop ? And how do I go about getting the light map to show.

3. Say I animate a character in max witch I did in max with biped. I dont know how to go about loading the animation. I thought the animation was set in the .x file. Any advice here would be helpful.

4. Also if I made a level in c shop. Do I have to code the collision for each object or is there a way to let DB know whats floor verses ground ?

Thanks in advance for any advice or answers. I have used other engines and Im just trying to get a grip on DB So far I love the language but Im still new at DB

Whats the Red button for ?
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2004 20:13
1 - No. If the texture is referenced within the X object, it will be automatically loaded too.

2 - Assuming DBC, you can use either an exported X object, or do it in DB (there's code for DBC floating around somewhere). Lightmapping (for X) is handled by loading the lightmapped model and ghosting it.

3 - Can't help there - not something I've looked at.

4 - You'll need to add the collision yourself.

That's pretty much all the help I can provide DBC

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins, source and the Interface library for Visual C++ 6, .NET and now for Dev-C++ http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
Torq
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the reply Set me straight on the texture worry
Collision is a bummber but can be dealt with.
I found the binary moon tutorials and they are helping quite a bit except for the anmation part.

Thanks Again!!!

Whats the Red button for ?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 02:27:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 02:27:13