Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2004 19:02
I have made my matrix loaded my player and everything but i need to know how to load a sky box from dark matter. By the way im usin dbc

200GB HARD DRIVE 1GB RAM 256MB GRAPHICS CARD
Dom
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey dude!

I am using sky boxes too so listen up!

First you need to choose the box u want to use. Just use the Darkmatter Browser to find one you like.

Then place all the files associated with the sky box (Like the textures,models etc) in your project file.

Now you just put this part of code in your program:

Load object "Sky Box's name here.x",1
Position object 1,X1,Y1,Z1
Scale object 1,X2,Y2,Z2

There. Simple. Oh by the way replace X1,Y1,Z1 With the right positioning co-ordinates and replace X2,Y2,Z2 with the right sizes.

I am currently working on : A Medievil style game
By the way I'm 13 years old!!
EddieB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2004 20:10
i done that its position it i need help with

200GB HARD DRIVE 1GB RAM 256MB GRAPHICS CARD
Spaceseel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2004 02:54
There is two ways of placing sky boxes/spheres in a game. One way is to center the sky box/sphere from where your camera is. The other way, is to streach the sky box/sphere to your entire level. But I recommend centering the sky box/sphere around the camera unless the texture resolution on your sky box/sphere is high enough to stretch out witout loosing the quality of the texture res (ex. Using SkyMatter sky boxes/spheres). Just F.Y.I!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 02:35:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 02:35:09