Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / opening your program with certain file types?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i'm almost at the end of finshing a program (just in time for me getting DBPro and having to completely rewrite it! any..) and would like to know how to add those finshing touches. first how would you add a short cut to your program from a persons desktop, and more importantly how would go about making my file type, (just a text file with a different file extension) open with my program, without the user having to worry about it, like the way unreal does with its maps and coredraw does with its project files. i know the user could do it manualy but how do automatically?
Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2003 02:31
I think that when you double-click on a file from within "My Computer" or something, it actually passes a command-line parameter to the program that it loads. So, if you can find out how to use these parameters with a DB creation, then you should be able to make a file association.

"I am a living, thinking entity who was created in the sea of information."
HAL
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Dr DooMer.
i tried adding something to the win.ini file thinking that this housed some file associations but it just opens my program on start up.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 06:14:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 06:14:46