Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / basic questions for usage of darkbasic on linux

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2004 22:18
hi i will soon be getting debain (linux) and i was wondering if anybody knew any links for a dark basic version which is compatible with linux, but i was also wondering whether i would have to use C or C++ instead of dark basic.

thanks

Crazkidd55
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2004 22:25
Dark Basic never has nor will it work with Linux. Some people say Wine and stuff make it work, but only for a few of the commands.

[url='http://www.ufanz.com/teams/tracking.asp?ti=689&mi=97723][/url]
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2004 22:26
DarkBASIC doesn't work on Linux. At all.

Good luck with Debian, definitely one of the more advanced (and consequently harder to use) versions of Linux out there.

"I am not young enough to know everything."
- Oscar Wilde
blanky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2004 05:07
Uh. A GUI (Graphical User Interface), whether it's for a game or an operating system is only as hard as you make it (or, in some extreme Windows-only Registry hacking cases, break it).

There is a commerical convert of WINE that supports DirectX -> OpenGL. Also, with WINE & copies, you need to get your hands on some of the Windows DLLs required to work. I think I made a list of them and described about half of them somewhere on this forum... Erm.... (try searching for '.DLL' )

Anyway, there's quite a few BASIC-based languages for Linux available. Just remember what I found out the hard way - you can't install any RPM-programs even temporarily on a MandrakeMove (bootable-CDROM) distribution

[img src=http://blanky.pt-web.net/ddd.gif] >::p
CrAzKiDd55
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2004 03:37
ok thanks, i just needed to know, so i guess that i will just go with C++. Aparently debain is really good. so thanks again

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 02:22:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 02:22:25