Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Selling games?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm sure this info is around here somewhere, but I ain't been able to find it (can't search the forum?).
I'm in the midddle of trying to decide between a few of these game creators and I think Dark Basic looks pretty good, I like the functions it has and the fact that it actually explains them pretty well, and even though I'm not planning on making anything specifically to sell, I would hate to spend a year or two creating something that turns out to be awesome enough to sell, only to find out that before I can do so I have to pay Dark Basic ten grand or something. What's the story on that?
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2003 16:26
Im pretty sure if you make it you can sell it completly yourself. No darkbasic involved at all.

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny : Help Wanted!
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy!
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2003 18:04
When DBpro was first announced, it was some sort of license to pay in the case of release a game. I think it was single license for just one game and infinity to as many games as u want to sell. As I cannot see it anywhere either, I think they gave up of this idea... hopefully...

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
-- Megaman X
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2003 21:02
Don't let Megaman's devilspeak lead you off track, I've worked on games that have been sold to the markets and you do not have to pay dark basic any royalities. You don't even have to tell anyone you used dark basic.
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2003 00:58
Nope, no licenses what-so-ever to DarkBASIC Software. This applys to DBP (full version) and DBClassic (Full version).
HOWEVER- If you use MP3 audio, you may have to pay licensing fees to the company that owns the MP3 compression format. I'm not sure on that one.

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2003 01:27
No no... I don't wanna scare anyone. And I do, know DarkBasic does not charge for releases. What I was trying to say is that when DBpro was first announced, it had a charge for releases for a single game and infinity releases... but I don't think this exists anylonger nor anyone here seems to remember it

--Ryu :-]
TheNVS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2003 05:20
yeah i remember it. they said like $100 for one game release and a very large amount for infinity releases. but after a while, the good news came and is that they took it out and said, "sell what you make!"

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:50:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:50:44