Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / the most strangest thing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2004 16:34
Ok i go to sleep witht eh computer on, i wake up two hour slater to a message saying your windows system files have been replaced with unknown files, you must replace them with original files, please insert xp cd, and im like hmmmmmmmm, so i reboot, it boots up normal and fine everythign is ok, msn logs in, 100 new emails. so in the space of two hours i have recieved 100 new emails, im thinkin ok wyrm here or sum such. I open my inbox, every email i have been sent this year appeared in there, im talking stuff i deleted months ago was there, infact even the source code for syndicate that van b sent me, which actually workw out good for me, but it was truely bizzare i mean it went back to even further than thi syear, i deleted them all again but anyone else with hotmail had this happen?

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2004 17:02
I have had the system tell me that system files need replacing, but that was after an install...

Aside from that, I haven't had anything similiar...

Come to the UK Convention on the 23rd & 24th of October
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2004 19:10
I've had the message about system files been replaced, insert xp cd, blah blah blah.

Trouble is I can't remember when or how it happened, or even how I got around it. Old age has got the better of me.

Boo!
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
hmm, i never had this problem...

IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2004 06:28
hotmail are doing some updates to their system at the moment - but i've never heard of this before

Used to be Phoenix Insane : PC Spec-AMD Athlon 2.0Ghz,GeForce FX5200 128mb,512MB of ram, Win XP Pro SP2 . Last reformat: 17/09/2004
Damokles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2004 06:30
that means that all our messages are stored somewhere without us knowing it ?

- Mind the gap -
Toby Quan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2004 06:42
Of course they're stored somewhere without you knowing it.

Since we use Hotmail as a FREE service, we don't own it. Microsoft does. They can do whatever they want with it.

The only choice we have is wheter or not to use it.
Damokles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2004 06:54
But then I wonder if somebody reads it ... and where these messages are stored.

- Mind the gap -
Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
Microsoft steals all the code that gets sent to your inbox and uses it in Windows. It also steals your ideas. Read the EULA.

Damokles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2004 07:12
I'm more concerned about where they are stored ... Any guy with some knowledge may have access to it then.

- Mind the gap -
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2004 10:29
yeah tahts what i want to know! i deleted all of these emails ages ago, and yet here they are in fullf orm, even the attachments are there, wait a minute, maybe its m$'s first step to raising the dead.... boy am i glad i don't live in racoon city.

Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2004 10:54 Edited at: 7th Oct 2004 10:56
Quote: "I'm more concerned about where they are stored ... Any guy with some knowledge may have access to it then."

They're stored on many hard drives and read by the Windows programmers.
An e-mail application must have mulfunctioned, sending millions of emails back to thier owners.

Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2004 12:36
I got that message after leaving the UT 2004 disc in while booting up. Dont know why, but Im guessing that UT 2004's voice recognition software overwrote some of Windows.

Guns arnt the problem, people are the problems, shoot all the people and guns arnt a problems anymore.
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2004 17:51 Edited at: 7th Oct 2004 19:03
whoa here's more to add, for some reason my ex girlfriend sent a reply to my hotmail account , the subject was re: MIss U, i'm like ok wtf, i open it and lsiten to this
"What is all that about!!!! your such a freak you know that! Hey you know, your
mum wasnt around all that often! And no i wont be coming around for some of that
good old..."stuff"!!! hehe i think the drugs your taking are doin freaky things
to your brain!!! ..."

I'm like wtf! when di di send her a message with hotmail, and what the hell made me put something called the good old stuff! and more to the point, i havent sent a hotmail message since i got the internet back, i been using my outlook with my isp email.... so there are two options, a: i've been hacked and prolly givin people wierd emails, or, something to do with that 100 emails from my past thing, i've also resent old emails (i'm assuming from the time that i was still with her). What the hell is going on

edit: lol ok i just read the email that she got sent, and it's quite apparent, one or more of my uni friends has figured out or has been told by me at some stage my email password for hotmail and has snet the email, thing is they sai da word which i dont use, and it makes it sound like one of my friends, who i pressured but he reckons he has no idea, then he sai dit could have been another of my friends, which is also plausible cause they did put down something I would say, which is something my other friend would do, darnit they are in cahoots!

Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2004 07:28
lol i think i understood that...odd

:: Pulse Board Forums :: Want Gmail? Email me ::
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2004 07:30
Heheheh... sneak into their room, find out their password with a de-asterix-izer and their autocomplete form, and do the same to them

"Did you just call my girlfriend a cow?"
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
so why should we have to delete the emails to save our inbox space- when it gets kept for hotmail anyway?

Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
well, in many of my friends cases its when their inbox gets full they make a new account- but as soon as anyone i know makes a second account i never send that faggot an email again, block them from my inbox, and remove them from msn.

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2004 11:03
thats a little bit harsh....... but hey if they dont know they can delete stuff.

flibX0r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2004 14:25
Ah GMail, wonderful GMail

psst! I got 6 invites, constantly

Current Project: Cube3 Arena (TGC Compo Entry)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 18:19:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 18:19:09