Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Click adventure game - Image Clicking.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2004 02:36 Edited at: 7th Oct 2004 20:21
Hi, I have made a Text based survival horror using only If Statements, nItem = 1 thing lol (4got name...is it strings?) and subroutines but now i want to start scratch using what i know from making the previous but now want to make a survival horror were you click the on screen door to enter, click an ammo box to pick it up etc, please help.....thanx

PoHa!84
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2004 03:21
Surely you can check your spelling, and moreover, surely you can give a more detailed request for help than "please help...thanx"

do you need help with finding what the mouse is over, or what? no one can help you if you don't specify what you need help with

something
TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2004 03:24
Idead 1:
Load a sprite for the mouse.
Then load a sprite for each clickable item.
Use sprite collision to check if the mouse is over the item then check if the mouse is being clicked.
Advantage:
Accurate collision
Disadvantage:
Slow with many sprites

Idea 2:
Work out the screen areas of each item then use something like:

in your loop.
That will exit the program if your mouse is over the top left of the screen.
Advantage:
Runs quick
Disadvatage:
You can only use rectangular collision zones.

Realms Of Tutopia: Rise Of Evil
http://www.freewebs.com/elbsoftware/index.htm
computer
Years of Service
User Offline
HAha.. I made a program some time ago that was a Spot the Difference game.

I made two images, changed one, and had both on the screen. One above the other.

What might help, is I used the set current bitmap number to have two images on the screen i.e. I made a seperate image with coloured circles where the image was altered, made the rest black. When the mouse was clicked, it checked the second image to see what the colour was. That meant I could have 5 different changes.

It was a pain to record what number a colour was (using get pixel) I think. Blue is 5305938 or something bizzare.

You never saw the coloured spots, as this was on a different screen to the images. It's like flipping a back buffer screen.

bleep bleep
computer
Years of Service
User Offline
moderator, you will notice my threads don't appear in the main Forum or show it's been updated. Check in 'Dark Basic Discussion'. A thread called 'My model doesn't show'. Last person to post was vampyre, but look in the thread and it was computer. Me.

I was also registered before as burnhard, some reason (must of been a perm ban by Aura) but I couldn't post messages. Now it's screwed your boards up abit.

. only for the mods.

bleep bleep

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 02:26:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 02:26:09