Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / I have finally done it.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2004 16:58
The last ending I ever need to see in Chrono Trigger, the one where Crono talks. I finally saw it about 15 minutes ago. I am in awe by the 2 lousy lines he gets. I am still not sure how i got this ending this time, but i know i went throught the bucket to lavos.

So now i have a question. Can someone suggest another RPG with multiple endings that is worth playing through to see all the endings? I need something to do now that I can put Chrono Trigger away, although 100$ says that i pull it out and start a new game in a week (and no, don't say Chrono Cross, talk about a non-worthy sequel, i could only stand getting 3 of the too damn many endings).

AMD 64bit 3200+, Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro motherboard, 512meg HYPER RAM, ATI Radeon 9600XT 128mb, 120GB Maxtor 7200RPM, nFinity Version 2
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2004 17:25
I really enjoyed Alundra on the PSX, I'd recommend that as something to get stuck into (if you can find it). Other than that, Harvest Moon is great apparantly, haven't played it yet.

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2004 19:05
harvest moon is pretty neat, but its really not like chrono trigger, u basically runa farm and get married to one of the girls in town, i treid gettin jiggy with the blue haired girl cause she was catholic, they get down pretty hard, but it takes ages to finally win a gal over, just like real life!

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2004 19:50
But getting your leg over is the aim in most RPG games, and real life for that matter . I mean, why else would the hero go through so much.

I have a mate who cycled 50 miles in the pouring rain just to get some, he could well be a modern day hero - or maybe just desperate .

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2004 20:06
was the shiela atleast half decent? cause i've cycled in teh rain to go to a party and have a nice girl (obviously not so good looking) spill her girls drink on my good jumper, she was a nice girl and all and i was liek hey its ok but uhh, she was a lil overweight.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2004 20:17
No, she was a suckubut, an evil woman who later threw everything that he did for her back in my mates face. Some women are just evil, we don't see enough evil wenches in games these days - maybe there should be some. I could understand cycling that distance for a honey - or even just a nice girl to spend time with, but not that thing he was dating!.

Van-B
P.S. Sorry for dragging this away from it's topic Eric.

Muhahahahaha.
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2004 22:45
Off topic, why i never noticed

(actually i don't care, how many topics do i bring off topic a week? )

AMD 64bit 3200+, Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro motherboard, 512meg HYPER RAM, ATI Radeon 9600XT 128mb, 120GB Maxtor 7200RPM, nFinity Version 2
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2004 00:39
Daggerfall! It's got six distinct endings with a nice cinematic for each.

Or Gothic. It's only got one ending, but there are three clear ways to get there.

"Did you just call my girlfriend a cow?"
Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2004 01:01 Edited at: 8th Oct 2004 01:03
Quote: "I have finally done it"

[Shameless Advertising] ME TOO...I have finally completed paging [/SA]

EDIT: Lol the URL in my sig was wrong now it is right...

:: Pulse Board Forums :: Want Gmail? Email me ::
Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2004 07:00 Edited at: 8th Oct 2004 10:33
Might and magic VI-VIII
VII has multiple endings.
Bad graphics but good storyline and gameplay.

Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2004 07:04
Quote: " Daggerfall"

But that requires me finding it, and that is not such an easy task around here.

Quote: " Gothic."

Never played, might give it a go.

Quote: " Might and magic VI-VIII"

... I hate might and magic.

/\/uf said.

I might start a new CT game actually, it really depneds on how bored i get in the next 3 hours. Then again i just bought HL2... so i just might make a clock and countdown to when i can play it.

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2004 07:33
Gothic's really fun if you're into that kind of RPG. It was originally German, but the translation is pretty much flawless and the voice acting is great. I really enjoyed it .

There's also Morrowind, of course. But it takes a lot of dedication to get the most out of it.

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2004 09:22
I don't like games with multiple endings for a reason that I can't imagine. It bugs me when I play a game and I can go either way to reach the end. I have to go back and go the other way after I go the first way, and for some reason it gets on my nerves.

I also hate when I'm near the end of a game and I don't have an item that I could have gotten near the beginning of the game, which in turn stops me from being able to complete it. This was a common thing with Sierra games of old. Argh!

--[Gang Wars of New Canada]-- TGC Compo Game --
Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
Games with multiple endings can be good. Most are bod though(like Deus Ex 2, where your decisions don't matter).

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2004 10:19
lol deus ex 2, five levels of the same thing for an ending no one cares about.
I have heard of dagger fall, thats a bit old though, prolly hard to get running on xp. still was a neat game, i remember a friend playing it, his character kinda looked like drizzt and he had two long swords as weapons, and then he ran around and u could see the two swords in his hands, was quite good for its time.

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2004 12:43
Hmmm... what I always found annoying was fake multiple endings. This is done either by simulating player choise-- like the good old "doors that are textures vs doors that are objects" method to get the player to not leave your level area, on a larger scale-- which I hate... or done by making all the endings make the player lose except one. Like Half-Life. I really, really hated the ending to Half-Life.

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2004 16:07
there are several endings to half life, i mean i've seen you escape with the scientists and in another u get hired by gman

NathanF
Years of Service
User Offline
I remember something minor in breath of fire 2, just before the end of the game, this guy asks you something like: "Are you ready to defeat St.Evans?" Then when you say no, big pic of 100s of demons and stuff appears, and the game freezes...heh, kinda creept me out lol

-Formerly DarkSephiroth-
Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2004 21:54
Quote: "i mean i've seen you escape with the scientists"
if you dont work for gman he sends you to a room of aliens with no weapons...

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2004 22:00
How did Opposing Forces finish again? - I think you kill a big alien baddie at the end, but I can't remember how you actually get out after that. Op forces was pretty cool, a nice change of pace after getting through those alien world levels in Half Life.

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2004 22:23
op force was great but all i remember is how to kill the big enemy...oh i remember, you teleport to a helecopter and talk to gman...he [may] give you a choice, cant remember and then kills you or something...it ends with "Missing in Action" or something

Blue Shift was the one where you escape with scientists

jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2004 22:24
I like Wizardry 8. That had a few endings depending how you played the game.

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2004 03:28
Opposing Forces was neat from the demo I tried, I never played the full game.

The only endings to Half-Life are work for the G-Man or die.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 18:40:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 18:40:10