Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / (DBP)quake-style console -- how to???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, i have a little problem making my game...
i need to make console, but absolutly don't know, how to do it...
the hardest thing - is the text display... so this is the most important part for me.
i watched snipped from the Code Base, but i have the first version of DBPRO and can'nt apply patch on it.
so, please help me!
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2004 21:16 Edited at: 10th Oct 2004 21:36
heres a simple console, allows you to enter one command, press enter, and then it goes away, pauses the game while it is up, press tilde to get it to return, memorise the cheat codes since they disapear once you press tilde, things like command history and constant updates/scrolling would involve even more code, this should do for a start.

cheers, (oh! theres a "hidden" cheatcode in that console too, you should be able to work it out since you have the source ).

Mentor.

PC1: P4 3ghz, 1gig mem, 3x160gig hd`s, Radeon 9800pro w cooler (3rd gfx card), 6 way speakers.
PC2: AMD 2ghz, 512mb ram, FX5200 ultra, 16 bit SB.
Mini ATX cases suck.
cheese meister
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2004 01:36
kewl

[img]www.geocities.com/evil_realmz/evil_realmz.gif[/img]
CURRENT PROJECT - MIDNIGHT: PANDEMONIUM
xxXXl 15 lXXxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks!
But the main question is still open... how to draw the console text???
so, i enter a command, and it appears in top of the input comand string... i enter a second command and it appears in the top of the input command, BUT the first command must be in the top of second command. The qukers shall understand me..

PS. Sorry about me BAD english

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 02:34:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 02:34:22