Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Stupid Speaker/Sound Card Question...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2004 09:21
Hey this is a stupid question, but I picked up a set of new speakers with a 110 watt sub. Any ways they seemed to work fine until I think I blew the sub. So I exchanged them for a new pair because I had that warrenty thing. Any ways the guy asked me "Do you have a good enough sound card?" I said yes, but I'm pretty sure my lil cheap Hercules Muse Lt sound card isn't good enough for my 110 watt 8" Acoustic Authority Sub with two speakers.

Is running the speakers and sub off this sound card hard on the sub or sound card? Could of it possibly caused the wrecking of the sub in the first place? Or is this all just my stupididy and I shouldn't have to worrie about the sound card or sub?

Thanks in Advance

"I will live forever or I will die trying"
Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2004 09:51
try a sounblaster live 5.1, I don't know much about requirements for speakers, but that's my card and I like it and it's not too expensive

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: Project Starbuks
Sony stole our name!
Tasik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2004 09:58
Yeah I'm probably going to upgrade soon. I had those in mind, although they cost about $100 Canadain and I'm poor.

The only thing that was worring me was when the guy working there said "Do you have a good enough sound card?" It made it sound like the sound card might have been the reason I wrecked my speakers, I don't really think it would be but I wouldn't want to wreck yet another set and this time I couldn't replace them through a warently

"I will live forever or I will die trying"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 18:32:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 18:32:20