Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Eternal Waking first test screen

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2004 02:24 Edited at: 11th Oct 2004 05:17
Right Here goes... I'm currently working on my first ever character based 3d games (i've always done puzzles and stuff before) and i have spend several months just trying to make a model of a woman never mind making the game engine. The general basis for the game is like a good ol' adventure game thing like broken sword the sleeping dragon,D etc.. and it'a going to be a dark gloomy manky sort of thing so theres a lot of dim lighting damp patches etc... So i wanted to know if anyone could give me an honest opinion on what it looks like, i only have 1 screen shot at present as i haven't actually made much of the game itself.

go on be brutal... i know it's only 1 shot but it's all i have..

I can see from your smile, you're not here for the sunset.
Levanthus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2004 02:27 Edited at: 11th Oct 2004 05:21
ok here come the excuses, Yes her arms are chunky but i wanted a different kind of woman character, all these other games have the perfectly trimmed obscenely thin women so i thought i'd go for a different approach and have a slighty dumpy one, there will be a second male character too.... if all goes well. the wall textures were just a botchjob so i had some idea of what i was looking for i am hoping that my wonderful artistic girlfriend will do texture work for me cuz i'm useless with photoshop and the matrix.... um..... well.... i haven't made much else of the game so there was nothing to cover it up... no? ok lame excuse

I can see from your smile, you're not here for the sunset.
Zokomoko
Years of Service
User Offline
really nice work.
the model of the woman is pretty good, though you should work on the arms a little, they look a little wierd.

i like the flooar, the bed with the blanket, but the wall's textures could be better.
there are plently of free wall textures, so that's not a biggie.

btw - the matrix shown outside the window kinda ruins the feeling

good work.
TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2004 03:38
Alright.
Use the Edit button.
Use jpegs

Realms Of Tutopia: Rise Of Evil
http://www.freewebs.com/elbsoftware/index.htm
MikeyP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2004 07:55 Edited at: 9th Oct 2004 07:55
That's looking very good, keep up the great work , Agree with Zokomoko about the matrix, though I didnt notice it until they said.

Right, andrew neale:
Make your sig smaller
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2004 10:04
looks nice, i didnt notice the matrix either but as for the model, looks good, but unless you want the girl to have some meat on her fix up the arms a little. and the bed on the floor, i dun mind it, looks like your average in game bed and blanket, although when that cloth and particle expanson comes out you might want to try and make the blanket smoother? anywa looks nice keep up the good work. and if you need any non living static models give me a buzz an di will see what i can do.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:26:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:26:44