Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / shoutcast DJ's

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
various members of TGC community used to be dj's on triple h's station- but after that went to poop- everyone's gone to make their own station. Well, i was wondering if anyone wanted to be a DJ on my station, or even more to the point, if anyone who used to be a DJ on CA radio wanted to make a union. since we've all got our own servers, imagine if we combined them, and we'd instantly increase the listener count, and be honest- how many people actually listen to our individual stations now we've split up in comparison to before? i've had to advertise around my college very hard to get any listeners- and the main problem is that my server alone cant support everyone.

i've got a website for "teh 1337 radio" http://teh1337server.no-ip.com/radio and i've found an online tool that will calculate your maximum listener count and also another tool that allows the union of multiple servers.

i'm not asking that i be made the head of this union idea, im just asking everyone to consider just the idea, and we can elect who will officially run the station some other time.

if anyone else wants to be a DJ on my station in the mean time, post here and if i get a response i'll tell you what to do.

Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
eh? ok

jrowe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2004 19:08 Edited at: 10th Oct 2004 19:10
There are no capital letters if you are writing, "jrowe", unless you put a space in, like, "J Rowe", fool. I don't just play rock either, I play folk, jazz, blues, indie and whatever takes my fancy (as long as it's not hip hop or pop).

What's wrong with classical stuff? I may be forced play some of my limited collection of classical music, bumberclott! How about Carmina Burana? Now you can't say that's bad!

For Fathers and Sons who enjoy wholy spirits.
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
and one more

Zero Blitzt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2004 03:59
I poop on your idea, sir! My station plays 90% Rush, unless i'm in a good mood, then I play 10% Rush, and the rest is Pink Floyd, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, and various 70's/Jazz artists.

Come to #coding. We promise we wont kick you!
DISCLAIMER: Promises may not actually be upheld.
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
but dont you want more listeners? and how do u manage to play rush 90% of the time without repeating the same playlist every few hours?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 20:33:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 20:33:41