Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Putting a strafe command in NathF's code idea...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2004 09:04
I've been toying around with the code NathF put up a while back in the code snippet forums, and I've made a would-be code using it as a base, but I can't figure out how to put a strafing command in. The code I'm using to walk is:

Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance.

What's this bar here for? Ohhhh.
Hangman Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2004 09:58
Nobody? Forever hopeful, if you can't find the link to the original code and need it as reference, (for all 4 of you that looked at this before now,)here's a link to the original code on the forums:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=31369&b=6

Paynekiller Karnage Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2004 09:25 Edited at: 13th Oct 2004 09:36
Strafing? Hmm, I have no idea how to do that one. But I guess it's like moving the camera in a 1st-person shooter, right???

Now i'm not exactly that great at coding, but i'm will willing to help.

See if this works.

if leftkey()=1 then yrotate object (object number),cy#-90 : move object 0.2 : yrotate object 0,(object number)
if rightkey()=1 then yrotate object 0,(object number)+90 : move object 0.2 : yrotate object 0,(object number)

The object number represents what the object number is for the sphere that the player is going to control.

Good Luck.

"Talking(typing) in computer language is like talking to a human. You must talk(type) clearly.
PoHa!84
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2004 10:27
hmmm... if its first person, then you could rotate the camera 90 degrees, move it, then rotate the camera back... provided sync is on...

something
Paynekiller Karnage Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2004 11:14 Edited at: 13th Oct 2004 11:15
Um....yeah....... .

Well, what other modifications have you mad to the battle engine?

"Talking(typing) in computer language is like talking to a human. You must talk(type) clearly.
Hangman Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2004 08:16
sorry for not replying sooner, I had computer problems.

Let's see... I've made a bitmap that makes it look like you're viewing it from a helmet, I'm working on adding a gun, made the "sword" look more like a sword, I might put in a radar for shownig where enemies are and stuff like that if I feel like it, working on adding multiple enemies for you to fight, I'm not adding sounds and things like that until I've hammered out the controls, oh yeah I changed those too.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 02:35:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 02:35:30