Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / run away 2 usa

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
is this a good ideia ? dont just say NO, is it ? where to live, how to study, how to get money ? with hwo to talk ?

is it ? sincerely.

Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2004 10:30 Edited at: 11th Oct 2004 10:33
Well, well I'm sure some parts of the USA are nice, just not the part I live in , making money is up to you, the best thing to do is to become a citizen so you can actually have some benifits, and then you need to start job searching. where you live is again, up to you, just try and stay away from LA it's a craphole. What nationality are you?

Guns arnt the problem, people are the problems, shoot all the people and guns arnt a problems anymore.
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Move to Mass, go to Boston University or Harvard, or MIT, it's a nice state.

Got anime?I do.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2004 12:03
stay out. at least until the Bush conspiracy has been removed. Could be one mont or could be 4 years and 1 month - stay tuned.

btw, where do you live? If bush is re-steals-elected, I am coming to where you are.

DBP_NETLIB_v1.4.3 DarkTOPIA site coming soon!
The dude guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2004 12:15
I'd wait to see who becomes president. You should do some research on what they say they do and if you think it's bull or not. Kerry's probably the best one out of the two.

Here's my forums www.andrewtamalunas.proboards28.com . Please join!
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2004 12:17
i'm voting communist

AMD 64bit 3200+, Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro motherboard, 512meg HYPER RAM, ATI Radeon 9600XT 128mb, 120GB Maxtor 7200RPM, nFinity Version 2
Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2004 12:24
Lol didn't know that was a party. Well anyway, I'm tired of people bashing bush, I mean He is a stupid ass, but so is kerry, they are both horrible candidates. People think kerry is all that, just because he is anti-bush, people who hate bush are going to vote for kerry because they hate bush, not because he will be a good president.

Guns arnt the problem, people are the problems, shoot all the people and guns arnt a problems anymore.
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Kerry might not be that good but he's still better than Bush, but let's not turn this into a flame war...

Got anime?I do.
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2004 12:34
Quote: "
Kerry might not be that good but he's still better than Bush, but let's not turn this into a flame war..."

Um... I like that quote .

Conspiracy theories and anti-Bush stuff aside, it's actually doing quite well here. Simple fact is since Bush, domestically, it's been a rather better country. A move from the UK to NH would be a dream tax-wise. I really don't know much about the job situation... I believe it's been going downhill worldwide for a while, but I'm not sure.

In the end, my frank advice is to move to the US for the simple reason of taxes. I could never dream of living in England because of the "9 for me, 1 for you" attitude the government there has. Money's a big deal in the end

"Did you just call my girlfriend a cow?"
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2004 13:49 Edited at: 11th Oct 2004 13:51
I wish I could just pay 9 for me and 1 for them it 6 for me and 4 for them almost now. They end up with almost 40% counting Social security tax.
[edit] Or did I read that backwards? lol

bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2004 14:12 Edited at: 11th Oct 2004 14:12
http://www.kerryhatersforkerry.com
'nuff said

No plot? No problem! Come write with the worst of us!
ionstream
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2004 15:05
uh.. okay.

Southern California is nice and warm usually, but It gets rainy and cold in the winter. Some places have snow.

If you want cool beans, come to America. I guess they have hot beans too, but cool beans are americas trademark.

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2004 15:05
The problem is noawadays hardly kids have actual political views, its just become cool to hate bush. Personally, Im a republican and Im Pro-Bush. I dont necessarily agree with everything Bush has done but I agree with tons more decision of his then of Kerry's.

Anyhow - Not a political thread.

If you want to come into the US, make sure of a few things
1) You have a place to stay when you get here
2) You have a palce to work when you get here
3) You wont be an illegal alien

Windows XP Home, 2.08 GZ - 512 Ram - GeForce 4 64MB
DBP 5.7 - Enhancement/EZRotate 2 Pack, Cloth/Particles, NGC 2.03
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2004 15:49
especially now as they're starting to send illegal immegrants to court, rather than just deporting them More of Bush's terror control, let's send the poor mexican immegrants to jail and ruin their families!

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2004 15:54
Lets face it, none of you who say "I know what Kerry did-yadda yadda yadda" really know anything about Kerry - youre all full of horse shit - no, cow shit! No one knows what Kerry did or said or portends to say or do, prior to this election campaign. Lets say Bush actually won the last election,... in his last 3.6 years in office he has turned a 5 TRILLION dollar surplus into a 3 TRILLION dollar defecit. Go back and look at all of his failed oil businesses, and the Texas Rangers baseball team for crying out loud! The man is a cancer on the American people plain and simple. And thats just one aspect.

DEBATE:
DEMOCRATS 3 - REPUBLICANS 0

DBP_NETLIB_v1.4.3 DarkTOPIA site coming soon!
Neophyte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2004 17:06
@Mouse

"Um... I like that quote"

Me too. Unfortunatly, this thread has flamebait written all over it. :\ But if it combusts, at least it wasn't a really serious thread. I don't think Supremacy Project is actually going to run away anywhere anytime soon.

@Supremacy Project

If by "run away" you mean leave your parents house and travel to another country the wise answer is no. You'll have to go through immigration and I don't think they are going to let a kid into this country all alone.

Unless of course, you live in Canada. In that case, you might be able to slip through. Though why you would want to go to here if you are already living in Canada is a mystery to me. I think this sums it up best:
Quote: "Why should we leave America to visit America Junior?"
-Homer Simpson

No offense to any Canadians here, but our countries are pretty alike.
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2004 17:08
Got any relatives in the US? These days I'd like to see you get in if you don't. Saw a program the other day saying how this programmer wanted to move there and set up his own software house. Firstly he had to get married to his girlfriend (good old mid 20th century attitudes there), then he had to change his business to be a dog grooming business. So much for those required essential skills then. Took him over 3 years BTW, and he was a fully qualified, tonnes of experience programmer with a decent amount of cash to back him up. Tops. Then again, win the green card lottery and they will let pretty much anyone in (UK not applicable to enter if I remember rightly). Or just dash across one of the poorly guarded borders.

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2004 17:23
There's always Australia, probably much easier for a brit to emigrate there.

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
Supremacy
Years of Service
User Offline
im 18 and im from portugal, i saw that green lottery stuff, i would love to go to mit, massachuts seams nice, australia..hmmm, i dont know, has im 18, and life here sucks, i wanna get out, dont know anywone from america thow, and have no money !

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2004 23:32
It's funny, there's all these Brits chewing each others legs off to buy property in Portugal, yet you portugese can't wait to emigrate - maybe we should just shuffle countries every 10 years. I don't plan to grow old and crusty in misery laiden Britain (anyone thinking of emigrating here should really think twice), but I suppose it's so much easier when you have a retirement payment in the bank to buy some property abroad.

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2004 23:44
you live in brit van b? i thought you were aussie? oh wait, i think im getting you confused with indi.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2004 23:47
Me? Aussie? - well I suppose I am built for bar work - but I'm Scottish through and through .

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2004 23:51
i just can't do it captain i don't have the power!....... I love ya, always have... hehhehehe. (sorry just a baseketball quote.) i think i got some ancestry in scottland. as in background of the wiggett family. anyway seeing as your so snappy at responding to this thread you wanna go to my hq website and read over my story and see what you think
http://www.angelfire.com/wizard2/unpotkf/HQStory.html

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2004 23:59
Quote...
It only takes one wrong letter to hold back this page, not a nation of millions.
Actually, we couldn't find the page you requested. Please check the URL.

- I'll stay tuned, see if you can get the link fixed.

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2004 00:09 Edited at: 12th Oct 2004 00:10
http://www.angelfire.com/wizard2/unpotkf/HQStoryline.htm

i hand wrote it from memory instead of bringing up the other thread and copying the link like you trendy new kids and your dang fangled user firendly stuffs with your donkey kong and pacman video games. anyway check it out now.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2004 00:23
Sounds good - I like the idea of setting it after the original game, maybe you could even make a couple of the characters as descendants (esp the Dwarf) of the original cast. There's room for some plot twists too, like the wizard dude maybe turning evil under his ancestors residual power.

Nice work.

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2004 00:26
uhhh, don't know abotu teh wizard thing, he is actually descended from mentor, who is the good wizard that helps guide you.but i'm thinking of linking someone, and my first thought was the dwarf, just cause it's easier through bloodline and doesnt sound as cheap as one fo the others. but anyway move to Australia, we are better.ish.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2004 00:43
Ahh, I did'nt realise Mentor was a goodie (never played much of the board game) - I thought he was the witch king dude. Nevermind, the dwarf is ideal for a little bit of history.

I would consider emigrating to Australia if it wasn't so damn humid - I'd fry like a little kipper in that sun . I like aussies, even dated an aussie for a little while - they appreciate stuff a lot more than British girls, like a little bit of star-treatment goes a long way with them.

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2004 00:59 Edited at: 12th Oct 2004 00:59
here's a site that will convince you to come to america if kerry gets voted in
http://johnkerryads.websiteanimal.com/

note: i do not support this site as fact. that is your decision to make...in fact i'm fairly confident that several of these "contradictions" are out of context...but i also think that the majority are reasonable...

Quote: "Kerry might not be that good but he's still better than Bush, but let's not turn this into a flame war...""

note: this post is not intended at all to be like the above(taking a jab, and then saying it's "flaming" to respond )

just for fun, if you don't like it then go ahead and tell yourself it's all a load of BS(it might be)

"We make the worst games in the universe."

Supremacy
Years of Service
User Offline
hmmm. to go or not to go, where could i get a job and live ??? and study so i could meet people ? i know a sucessfull actress that went to the satates with 18, graduated in theater or something and now shes a famous novel portuguese actress, she got married recently with a camera man ! lol, its true, i could be emigret and be a sucessfull game designer, maybe ill go to australia and make ubberwight box get me a job sicne im maiking free models to the guy

bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2004 04:14
well what I would do is talk perhaps with a college representative somewhere in the states wherever you wanted to go. There are tuition discounts for out of country students. There may be loans you could get on, I'm not sure how it works..

Please don't just hop on a plane, though. Make sure you talk with as many people as you can so you fully understand what you're getting yourself into.

Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
http://teh1337server.no-ip.com/my%20family.doc

do i qualify as an assylum seeker?

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2004 09:24
CattleRustler, that's completely incorrect. Just generalizing that people who say they know about Kerry don't know what they're talking about is not only illogical, it's also very rude. I have done my research and I know Kerry's and Bush's track records very well, and yes, I say vote Bush. RPGgamer is completely right-- among kids it's become cool to hate Bush without knowing anything about the politics of the situation, and many of those who do are pressured into preferring Kerry anyways.

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2004 09:27
Oh yeah... and you'll get a lot of nice weather if you come to New Hampshire too ! The best state to live in by my reckoning, 'cuz of the taxes and the weather. They're really nuts about security over here though...

empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2004 09:43
Well the tax burden is not everything. Additional costs like education, health services etc and the general cost of living are important too. And I've only been once there, but I think the weather in Portugal is more than OK- a bit too hot during the summer months, though.

Play Nice! Play Basic! Out now.

nFinity Emulator. Coming soon.
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2004 09:48
@Van- not al of australia is outback desert land. come to melbourne, nice and cold down here, seeing as we are closest point in Aust (save for tasmania) to antarctica.

@Supreme: Sure if i was an uber-wight i'd prolly be too busy haunting some old lady, or hiding in the girls shower rooms..... of an old folk's home, but seeing as im not, i could try an dget you a job, but it most likely wouldn't be in computers, or be any decent. then again i wouldnt mind a man servant. would you work for $5 an hour AUD? wait I cant afford that.

Neophyte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2004 10:42
@Mouse

I agree with you that CattleRustler was pretty harsh. The profanity was uncalled for as well. Though the following caught my eye:

Quote: "I have done my research and I know Kerry's and Bush's track records very well, and yes, I say vote Bush."

But you were curiously silent in our "Who would you vote for thread"? Come on, Mouse. You're not holding back on me are ya?

You know I love a good debate and I consider you more than capable of giving me a run for my money. How come I didn't hear your reasoning on the issues?
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2004 02:22
Two reasons. One, a good bit of my support for Bush boils down to some fundamental moral beliefs which are very volatile topics to debate and I have not been in the mind to get in to. Two, I really haven't felt like a serious debate for quite a while-- it takes a lot of time to read and reply to all your posts!

This thread is bound to become one anyways, though, so if you want to start a debate I might join in...

The dude guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2004 10:02
Illinois isn't a bad place...

Here's my forums www.andrewtamalunas.proboards28.com . Please join!

Neophyte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2004 18:26
@Mouse

"One, a good bit of my support for Bush boils down to some fundamental moral beliefs which are very volatile topics to debate and I have not been in the mind to get in to."

Alright. I can see how those could be difficult to argue with/for. If someone doesn't share your moral beliefs than you probably won't be able to convince them to support your position on a subject that is based on said moral beliefs.

"Two, I really haven't felt like a serious debate for quite a while-- it takes a lot of time to read and reply to all your posts!"

I haven't really felt like debating either lately. It takes time away from my other projects that I'd like to be doing. That "So who would you vote for" thread really took a lot out of me.

"This thread is bound to become one anyways, though, so if you want to start a debate I might join in..."

Nah. It seems like this thread is dying from a lack of interest. I still have to deal with finishing one of my tutorials that I've been working on for the past few months. That previous thread really distracted me and I didn't get any work done on it.

I'm committed to finishing this beast of a tutorial before Halloween and if I spend too much time arguing(which knowing me, will likely occur if I get into an argument) I won't achieve that goal. I guess I'll have to save the debate's till after I've finished the tut.
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
i luv teh debatzors, coz i r t3h 1337!!!!!!11111111111 one one one

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2004 01:51
Well, it'll still be 90% words until Nov... after the election, whoever wins, there'll be more facts to throw around. Things will get more interesting .

Would the tutorial happen to be about shaders by the way...?

"I don't think anybody likes you..."
"I like me..."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 20:30:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 20:30:55