Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / video system for movies etc.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2004 10:39
I was wondering, would it be possible to make a program in DBC that would basically:
1.Open paint
2.Use screen capture to take a picture of the screen
3.Paste it in to a new image in paint
4.Save it in a predestinated file
5.Repeat.

It could be an easy way to make a movie of your game. After your done you could go into movie maker and go from there. It could also help if you were interested in MACHINEMA, the art of making a movie using a video from a game (e.g. Red vs. Blue). I've tried some simple stuff, but to no avail. So can you do this at all, or is this just wishful thinking?

What's this bar here for? Ohhhh.
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2004 06:54
You don't need to use paint to do that. I think you could just sync the screen, then use SAVE BITMAP 0 (0 being the screen). Would most likely use up tons of hd space, but it's an option.

Isn't it? Wasn't it? Marvellous!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2004 08:15
I'm actually using DB Pro for a Machinima style project. Rather than save it to a Video file, I'm using DB as the playback engine, the whole thing can be replayed in real-time by saving the action sequences as data.

Hamish, I think SAVE BITMAP is gone in DB Pro, but there is SAVE IMAGE.

BatVink
http://biglaugh.co.uk/catalog AMD 3000+ Barton, 512Mb Ram, 120 Gig Drive space, GeForce 5200 FX 128 Mb, Asus A7N8X Mobo.
Terms & Conditions apply
Hangman Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2004 08:36
Thanks, but could you do me a favor and look at my other post? No one has replied yet, and I really need help on it...

What's this bar here for? Ohhhh.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 02:36:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 02:36:51