Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / gotta get trillian

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2004 06:49
man you guys gotta get trillian it has AIM, ICQ, MSN Messeger, Yahoo Messeger its tight

http://www.trillian.cc/

anyone can be a hero, but a soldier can be a hero five minuets longer....
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
trillian sucks. i used it for about a yr or 2 then decided i preffered the old things, for a wide number of reasons which i dont wanna go into detail about, cos they were quit big problems- not nessecerily bugs, but problems.

DrakeX
Years of Service
User Offline
i have trillian, and for its problems i'd still rather have it than either of the other messenger progs that i use (AIM and MSN). i also use it for IRC as i don't feel like paying for something like mIRC. the only thing that pisses me off is that most of the time, sending files doesn't work, but that's not so much of a problem now that i have a 100MB email mailbox.

"when it's done" means "we have no idea, we forgot to do that, we where hoping you would all forget we promised <insert exotic promise here>"
Osiris
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2004 08:04
well i have the newest version and i dont have those probs try DL the patches

anyone can be a hero, but a soldier can be a hero five minuets longer....
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2004 08:57
Yeah I have Trillian Pro but am not sure I will bother re-installing it, it's good and has some nice features but it takes up more CPU overhead than MSN and it never sends or receives files properly. Still it's better than the pants that is ICQ.. love the network, hate the interface.

"I am not young enough to know everything."
- Oscar Wilde
DrakeX
Years of Service
User Offline
"it never sends or receives files properly"

isn't that funny. do they even know about this?

"when it's done" means "we have no idea, we forgot to do that, we where hoping you would all forget we promised <insert exotic promise here>"
GothOtaku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2004 13:30
I used to use Trillian until the Yahoo! Messenger functions stopped working and I deleted it (I only need AIM, Yahoo!, and maybe IRC). I then used Miranda IM for a while (http://www.miranda-im.com/) but still didn't solve the Yahoo! problem well enough so now I just use GAIM (http://gaim.sourceforge.net/) which is probably the best multi-protocol client I've used so far.
JoelJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2004 13:41
i just use MSN and mIRC, works fine for me, couldnt stand TRILLIAN ugh...

you dont have to spend money on mirc, there are plenty of free IRC clients out there, like, XCHAT, teh Mozila one, cant remember the name of it now but im sure you can find it :p.

anywho.

Absent.
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2004 14:12
I would recommend GAIM over anything else. It sends/receives files properly and even connects to IRC. I believe it handles MSN, AIM, Yahoo!, and Jabber protocols.

--[Gang Wars of New Canada]-- ^^^ banner generously designed by TheBigBabou
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
yeh- for those of you who have trillian, try inviting a friend around to use it. after 20 mins of explaining how it works, let themn log in on your MSN and BADABOOM! straight away everyone from their contacts list is on yours and visa versa. i had a party once, my contacts list shot from 150 contacts to 207... and all my poor mates who only had like 5 contacts to start off with now having 155 or more... sigh

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2004 16:53
I use Miranda IM, works absolutely fine for me and covers basically every protocol in existence.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2004 09:47
I can get it to do IRC and most MSN transfers well, although I've never gotten AIM file transfers to work with trillian

You'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, ... WHEN YOU'RE LIVING IN A VAN, DOWN BY THE RIVER.
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2004 00:34
oh, don't forget the fact that trillion screws up your msn lists, oh ye, and it works awful over a wifi connection..

ill stick to the normal messengers..

No plot? No problem! Come write with the worst of us!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 20:17:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 20:17:30