Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Operation-X (competition), testers needed

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I have spent a few hours on a test program that I might end up using for the competition, and I need some kind people to give it a test to see if it works on their systems.

Here are a couple of images and the download page up on LW's site -

http://games.lamptonworm.com/DBP/Projects/OX/index.html

You will need 7-Zip to extract the program. Of course usual DBP rules apply, e.g. you need DX9.0 or above etc.

Ok, here is what should happen...after a few seconds of loading, 5 enemies are on the screen. Every 2 seconds each of the first 4 enemies (from the front) will start in a pattern where they walk, fire 2 shots, then walk back. The last enemy will just stay idle. You should be able to shoot (using the mouse, lmb to fire) any enemy - if you hit their gun it will turn red, if you hit their body a 'hit' anim will play. If you hit an enemy more than 3 times, they will die. A hit only counts when the enemy is not in the hit/die anim.

All movement/patterns/animations are timer based and so I hope it will work on different machines. To simulate other FPS (default is sync rate 0), use keys 0-9, e.g. 2 for 20 FPS, 5 for 50 FPS, 0 for sync rate 0, etc.

If you press SHIFT the demo will end and your average FPS will be displayed, with some system info. Please post your average FPS and if the program acted as described above!

p.s. The model is from DM2.

L8rz.
Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
(Can I move?)
WhiteWasp
Years of Service
User Offline
Not at present. Also I should have said in the original post, if you try this out, as well as your average FPS, please post your system specs (processor speed, memory, gfx card, OS).

p.s. Ilya, on your machine did the program act as I described (e.g. after 2 seconds first enemy starts pattern, walks right, fires 2 shots etc.)?
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2004 04:44
Thanks - your FPS average was:120

Memory available:284MBs
Memory used:%44

CPU:1 speed=1495 brand=genuineintel platform=microsoft windows xp 32-bit

it's wrong though...i'm runnning windows 2003(new!)

anyway every thing worked as described..

"We make the worst games in the universe."

WhiteWasp
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for trying. About the operating system, that info came back as part of the DBP expansion pack command "get processor platform" so maybe it has a bug or doesn't yet know about 2003

But it looks like the game is working correctly on at least 2 other machines so I am glad of that.

Next demo will have more features.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:22:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:22:06