Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / User Registering

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2004 07:49
I made a simple user registration system, and I want to know how to make that little random picture thing that you must type in what it says, so that my user thing doesnt get flooded... as easily.

I'm sorta new to PHP, and only know basics about MySQL and PHP.... So any help? I know you're out there David T

Torrey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2004 08:01
Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2004 10:47
Hmmm.... I've done all that, now I have a problem with my website when trying to make a delete user thingy....

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in [linkremoved] on line 10

..?

That is all I think the error may effect.... Any help? Am i missing some simple thing or what.... again I'm new to PHP, and don't know all these errors and fancy stuffs.
Blehf

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2004 16:57
I'm sorta new to PHP, and only know basics about MySQL and PHP.... So any help? I know you're out there David T

Hehe lol - I'll see what I can do

First of all, grab a copy of ez_SQl - it makes life with mysql much easier.

Once that's done, here's a simple script that will add a user, and their password hash (their password, encrypted with their username, unique to every user) to the database:

Now that code has added a new user, here's what I use to see if a username nas password in valid. Look in the database for a user with the same hash as the user trying to log in, if there is then you cna log him in:

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 20:29:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 20:29:58