Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / AH! My animation thread is locked! NOOOOO!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2004 08:26
Now that just irritates me, it was a good thread, and it had a bright future, to bad it's life was cut short, , can a cartoon with stickfigures not be violent? I think not! It's funny! DOH! ARGH! I'm so mad now!

Guns arnt the problem, people are the problems, shoot all the people and guns arnt a problems anymore.
Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2004 08:29 Edited at: 14th Oct 2004 08:29
"can a cartoon with stickfigures not be violent?"
Yeah, but they won't be cool or funny.

(I was going to post a thread like this but dicided not to)
Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2004 08:29
But MikeS was right, you have to (legally I believe) put a violence warning on things and they weren't exactly brilliant...

:: Current Project: C&C Style RTS :: Want Gmail? Email me ::
Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2004 08:30
It was such a good thread to, so funny.

Guns arnt the problem, people are the problems, shoot all the people and guns arnt a problems anymore.
Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2004 08:31
Well I would have put a warning if I could have had some well warning, nobody ever said I should put a violence advisory on my post, so I didn't, next time tell people these things before you just lock their threads.

Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline

VIOLENCE WARNING
ALL LINKS TO VIOLENT MATERIAL MUST BE HREF LINKS
NO IMAGE LINKS TO VIOLENT MATERIAL
Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2004 08:35 Edited at: 14th Oct 2004 08:36
VIOLENCE WARNING
DO NOT ACCESS THE FOLLOWING MATERIAL IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY VIOLENCE
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/Ilya/cgun.gif

Is that ok?
Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2004 08:36
Was that in the forum rules? Because I never read rules lol, and none of my animations showed excessive blood or gore, it was you Ilya!

Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2004 08:38
or click the link that says AUP down the bottom, where the rarely seen, dusty footer is

Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2004 08:43
I read the rules and see nothing against violent material, well anyway, I started up a new animations thread, but this time you have to link to violent material.

Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2004 08:52
Quote: "I read the rules and see nothing against violent material, well anyway, I started up a new animations thread, but this time you have to link to violent material."

Yes but it is common practice. Go to any site and violent matieral has a warning, else they can be sued.

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
A games site is bound to contain violent animations. How can you have a gamesite without a link to Doom3 or Half Life 2. Most computer games contain a lot of violence. Sooo it should be allowed.

Damokles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2004 00:33
Violence may be ok, but some animations were just disgusting, displaying excrements and so on.

There was a way to show animations (even violent), without going into the fecal way.

- Mind the gap -
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2004 05:45
The violence wasn't as much of a problem, but it was with a few of the other animations.

Feel free to create a new thread for animations. Just be sure to provide links instead of images and warnings.

Quote: "VIOLENCE WARNING
ALL LINKS TO VIOLENT MATERIAL MUST BE HREF LINKS
NO IMAGE LINKS TO VIOLENT MATERIAL
"

That's much better.

Thanks, and I am sorry for locking the thread, but I stand by my decision. Just use this thread or create a new thread with the proper adaptions and all will be well.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly known as Yellow)
Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2004 05:59
I agree with MikeS on this one. It wasn't really the violence as much as the 'R' rated material that got the thread locked. Some of Ilya's animations were pretty disgusting, espc. the last one, the 'ceiling gun.' So please warn of any excess violence, gore, and/or sheer grossness ALONG with the link

Anyways, here's mine again:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/Hawkeye73/anim.gif
A little violent (shows a stick person having his head kicked off) but no blood, no excess gore, and no grossness.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/Hawkeye73/anim2.gif
Abit violent. Has red blood spurts and two stick people being chopped in half by a stick-ninja (or somthing like that) but again, no grossness.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/Hawkeye73/anim3-fencers.gif
NEW! It's unfinished to an extreme, but the gist of it is still there. Two fencers go after each other. One gets his hand chopped off. Abit heavy on the blood, and there's a dismembered hand that flyes around, but nothing too extreme.

Cheers!
Hawkeye

Ain't I teh kwel and l337 one?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 20:25:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 20:25:59