Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Check out my LARP's charaters history

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am going to be signing up for a 130 player LARP game and we were suppose to make a history of our charater we will be playing as. I wrote one directly to the web site of the game, so here it is took me awhile. Tell me what you think of it.

Epo. He is a great swordsman who travels the land for the sacred treasure, The Fire Stone. For the people that do not know the story of the Fire Stone. Here is a quick review of what it is. Long ago when the land was ruled over by the Sprits and Magi Alpha(Wise Users). The Sprits were enemys of the Magi Alpha tribe. They were at war for ages. Till one day a special sword was made. The Sword was called the Fire Sword. And a stone was made, which held the sword in place. The sword was the key and the stone was the container. That sword and stone kept the Sprit Tribe lock away for centurys. The Magi Alpha Tribe was dieing centurys after the great war with the sprits. They wanted to share there magic with the future so they made Crystals and Special Stones. The Crystals held the magic in place, while the stone was a way to use the Crystal magic. They Divided there magic in 4 elements and 2 alternates. The Four elements were Fire,Wind,Earth and Water. The 2 alternates were Darkness and Light. In the near future there lived a treasure hunter called Ferrum, which searched for the Sword in the stone. And when he found it and released the evil from it with the death of his life the sprits were once again out and alive. They were mad and they are destine to destroy for there revenge. The next story up was the story of Nicoli, which also searched for the Fire Sword. He traveled with his best Friend Mayra Dean. She was a cheerful Girl and nice to every one she meet. When Ferrum found the Fire Sword and found it has realesed a seal he renamed it The Sword of Nicoli and destine to put the sprits back in the stone with it, but like all great people of there time, he died trying. Now Mayra, which was very upset, wanted to finish what Ferrum has started for what he was doing was very Noble. She Traveld the land for a Magi user to help her. She sacrifised her body in a dream to create the Ultimate Stone. The Fire Stone. Unlike the other stones, this stone has the ability to hold Sprits of pure Evil, and not magic. The Stone was put in a Floating Temple On this Floating land in the Sky. The Magi User assign a Guarding to guard this precise stone. The Guadring is called Fiodan. A Guarding is like a Dragon, but deadlier. The difference is that his Fangs will not poison you, but cut through you like a tempered sword through butter. The other difference is that they are assign one task and they will do that task as asked and never leave the place unless it involves the task. The last difference is that all Guardings are Neutral. Not good nor Bad, but Neutral. The guadings wings are as hard as Iron, but lite as a feather and acts like clay to hot temperatures. His Scales are like 20 Folded Iron Shelds. He has the Ability to polymorph as a Human. He also has the ability to turn invisible and has breath of fire. The stone he guards is legend to the people, but there is one secret no one knows about. Touching it will turn you pure evil and make your actions violent and deadly. For the anger of the Sprits will live on in you. Now that we have this back history of the Fire stone I will continue the history of Epo.
Epo was born in the Town of Kakoona Town. He lived with his father and mother for his life. His best friend is Rena Me. He is happy that he meet her and enjoys his life with her. But there was somthing missing in his life and thought life was a bore. What he was missing was the world. He wanted to go on a great adventure and thought if he could he could make a name of him self. One day when he went to the fields of Berrie Picking with Rena, a mysteries stranger saw him. He came up to Epo when he heard him Mubling to him self. The stranger told Epo with a dark voice about the Fire stone legend. Epo with excitement was asking quesions over quesions about it. He was so excited about this legenary treasure that he wanted to leave town right away. When Epo got home he just had to leave for the Fire Stone the next day. He packed up his travel bag, polished and oiled his bastard sword. He got his green cloak ready with his green suit. All he had to do now was think of a way to leave town. He decided a lie would be best. This lie would be: I am going out for a nice long camp trip. For some reason it worked. The next day, early in the morning, he got his gear and left. Some time in the future after his long journey to find out more about the Fire Stone he decided to go back home. When Epo got to his village. It was not there any more. All he saw was darkness over where the town was. He walked in farther with fear and sadness going on in side of him self. He came to where his house used to be and saw Ash and Bones. He kneeled down and put his head to the ground with pain he never felt before. Thinking over and over in his head the last thing he said was he as going on a camping trip, which was a lie to his Mother, Father , Rena and the entire town. For he thinked if he was there at least he could of helped what have happened there. He also thought maybe I should of told the truth. To night he decided to sleep there on this cold ash. When he woke up after that horrible night and day he made grave stones for his family and Rena. And put them up on a hill. After that day he was a loney shepard lost in a forest of confustion. He decided to travel for a long time. As he traveld he decided to become a mercenary and travel to the kingdom of Morewall for work. In that kingdom he heard of another place called Freehold, which would be better for work. Maybe there he will find clues about the Fire Stone and discover new treasures, for he heard of many travelers that went to that place. After that one month he equiped his Green Cloak with his green cloths with his sword at his side and went to Freehold as the Peerless Green Swordsman, for what awaits him is going to be his destiny.

Other Cool Facts about our Hero Epo
Sex:Male
EyeColor:Brown
Hair:Black
size 5'8"

Quote from Epo
"Even tho the past has passed me with pain I will still thrive forward with hope of another day"

Are you a leader or follower.
Manticore Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2004 11:21
Wow, you need a hobby.

It's amazing how much TV has raised us. (Bart Simpson)
ionstream
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2004 14:08
LOL! I second that!

Seriously, I think thats the longest post anyone has ever written on this forum. Good crap.

Now I have to leave, please be OK as to not bandon me. Extreme kudos man is steen!

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2004 01:02
ok seeing as i also do larp maybe i will add some constructive criticism. I only got through half of your post before my want to read died out, partly cause its hell off late and i just been watching some new series with luke perry called jeramiah, actually not a bad show, post nuclear world so maybe im not in the mode for fantasy. But anyway the other part was because of the poor english, I'm assuming you are foreign and have english as your second language, but maybe get a friend to rewrite it in a more fantasy story way, as in word it like a novel woul dhave it worded. I read through and half of it was mispelt words an dimproper grammar etc. If i could find the time i'd rewrite it for you. Also , have you checked with the people running the larp that that history is true to their story/setting? cause you can hardly say that two races fought each other if the larp people didn't say that was their history. Another thing some of it sounds real cliche' for storyline, might wanna deviate somewhat with some parts, anyway tomorrow i will look it over again and probably re write it for you if i cant find anything better to do. and good luck at the event, 130 people?! jeeze are they all adventurers or does that include monsters, cause if its all players then i feel sorry for the gm's who will be run off their feet each night.

Great Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Belive it or not I did not really check it for errors yet. English is my First lang. This is my first LARP so I was not too sure of what the history was to suppose to be like. After reading through the rules over and over I added on to it to make it got with the history a little bit more. I am going to edit a little bit more but thanks for the advised. I have to type this quick. School machine will turn off soon before the mid term. I will post my newer story later when I do it over a little.

Are you a leader or follower.
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2004 10:52
yeah but also word it better, cause it just seems like you're throwing things together.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 20:31:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 20:31:09