Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Recent Software Issue? Try SCANREG /RESTORE (Win98/ME) or System Restore (WinME/XP)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
If you have recently (in the last few days or weeks), got a software error or problem. You might be able to fix it by running a SCANREG /RESTORE (Win98/ME) or System Restore (WinME/XP). These great features of the listed operating systems will allow you to restore the Windows registery and system settings back to and earlier date. For more information on how to use these powerful tools go to the link below and browse to the Computers page. Then click on the link to the article you would like more info about.

http://sourceport.gotdns.com

Reply if this helps
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2004 19:41
Most people know about this already.

UK Convention : 23/24th of October. Be there or be an UNE DODGY PLONKEN
Zero Blitzt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2004 20:30
What good does news from last year do me?

Come to #coding. We promise we wont kick you!
DISCLAIMER: Promises may not actually be upheld.
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2004 23:48
besides, these features suck... it should be your ultra last resolution if uninstalling reinstalling doesn't work and there are no other issues...

I've turned off system restore on my computer..

No plot? No problem! Come write with the worst of us!
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2004 00:39
I do recommend making a complete clone of the hard drive. I've found that Ghost V9 is unstable (insert new DVD message not appearing, cancelling operations crashing the computer etc), so the best one I've found is TrueImage by Acronis...

The only problem is that it will only write to CD-RW/DVD-RW - any other media has to be done manually...

UK Convention : 23/24th of October. Be there or be an UNE DODGY PLONKEN

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 20:23:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 20:23:49