Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / How Clean is your System?!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
If you system is running slow or giving error messages on startup you probably just have to many programs starting up behind Windows. For info on how to clear out your startup group, and disable the unneeded things that are slowly your system down. Goto:

http://sourceport.gotdns.com/computers.php

Click the link for "What's Starting up with your system?" and follow the instructions. Also there is some information about using Adaware and Spybot to remove spyware. Those are great articles to help remove spyware. Spyware usually gives popups and tried to get your information so that advertizers can spam email you etc...

You can also go into Control Panel and uninstall old or unneeded programs. From your system that will help to free up some Hard drive space.

They also have a Tech Forum that you can sign up for and Post a question or Answer a question someone else has.

http://sourceport.gotdns.com/forum/
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2004 01:04
how many times do i see those dodgey pop ups on shafty websites that say teh exact same thing. I for one will not go to this site. im prefectly fine waiting for ages for a window to open

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2004 02:35
That's a good site. If you ask me, though, just get Spybot.

"Did you just call my girlfriend a cow?"
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2004 05:04
Agreed, that's a really good site... it helped me clear out some issues i had on my computer.

Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2004 06:12
I had a look at the web dev. section...mua ha ha ha ha...sooo simple....anywho

:: Current Project: C&C Style RTS :: Want Gmail? Email me ::

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 20:33:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 20:33:11