Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Ferox Platform Game : Engine Beta

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2004 01:25
Hello. I've started making a platform game. Since I know the gameplay of 3d platformers depends alot on the control and movement, I've decided to release builds of this movement. This one is just the x-z axiz movement. You can move using the direction keys, and rotate the camera around the character using the mouse. The player moves with a curve-angle towards the 8 directions, accoarding to the camera Test for yourself, and please comment it as much as possible. Stuff like, character must rotate along with camera and w,s,a,d, cam movement are things I've thought about. What do you guys think??

http://www.klikacademy.com/cc/Mitch/Ferox.rar

thanks in advance
-mitch

"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever"
- Shigeru Miyamoto
Antdizzle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2004 02:12
The movement is smooth and the collision is good too. The I problem I had was that I was getting about 35 fps average.

Mitchell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2004 02:32
hmm.. That's low. I'm hitting 71, when locked at 70

- Shigeru Miyamoto
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2004 04:27
I HAVE A BUG!

when you in collosion with the wall you can keep jumping until you jumped over the wall and out of the world

please do something about that.

The Nerd

i make games, i play games... But the fun thing is that i like to make them more than play them....
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2004 04:36 Edited at: 15th Oct 2004 04:36
and here is a screenshot of me were i standing on the top of the wall.

click on this link to see the screenshot : http://www.freewebs.com/waggames/ignorethisone.htm

its a very good engine so please do something about that bug!

The Nerd

i make games, i play games... But the fun thing is that i like to make them more than play them....
Mitchell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2004 06:08
Thanks for pointing that out, but as I said, this engine is to test the x-z axis movement only. The jumping (y-axis) is still extremely basic. I haven't coded the thing you meen, and the jumping itself isn't smooth, it's ugly. So no bug, but thanks for telling

- Shigeru Miyamoto

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:35:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:35:54